• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

4th and inches

Toolbox

Rivera acts like our team has something to lose.

Going for it in 4th and inches is opportunity to swing momentum, give your defense a rest, and make up for the lack of talent you have in some areas. He has yet to show any balls as a head coach. He thinks he has arrived therefore he has nothing to gain in going for it. I'm tired of it myself.

Rivera made the same mistake against the falcons last year. But then he called a bunch of rival coaches, and they told him he made the right call. He will never learn.

Different game and circumstances....

for example, we got the ball back and were marching down the field. All the way down to the 10 and fumbled....that is the play the sticks out. Not an earlier punt

Nothing wrong with punting today.

Different game and circumstances....

for example, we got the ball back and were marching down the field. All the way down to the 10 and fumbled....that is the play the sticks out. Not an earlier punt

Nothing wrong with punting today.

The fumble was the dagger, I question the punt because it was such a short distance. And on the next drive, Seattle took a whole 2 plays to get back to where the conversion attempt would have been from.

But yes, if DWill doesn't fumble, this punt would be forgotten.

This is why rivera needs to take a hike and gettleman hire a coach with some damn balls.

this times

pissed me off the first time he did it. even more pissed off the second time. it was at that moment i realized that he is the same lame coach he's been the first couple years.

i don't care if the players like him. they aren't winning with him. he can't get the job done.

find someone that can. if he's got a losing record going into the bye, he needs to be gone.

no more excuses. just win. if the players don't want him gone, then they need to make up for his insufficiences.

We were 3 of 9 on 4th down conversions last year. That's 33%, or a 66% chance that Seattle gets the ball deep in Carolina territory.

Were those 4th and a matter of 2-3 inches though?  4th and 1 and 4th and 2 are a LOT different than 4th and a few inches, especially when you have Tolbert and Cam on your team.  This really doesn't apply here.

Archived