• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Which car should I buy? Nissan Rogue or Ford Escape?

Cat

My wife has been driving a Tuscan for about a year now and loves it.  I work in the auto industry and everyone that I asked recommended Hyundai if it's going to be a car you're keeping for a long time.  The warranty is kick ass.

My wife has been driving a Tuscan for about a year now and loves it.  I work in the auto industry and everyone that I asked recommended Hyundai if it's going to be a car you're keeping for a long time.  The warranty is kick ass.

Hell yeah, I've been selling Hyundai's for 7 years. We have the highest owner satisfaction and loyalty of any brand.

These cars are legit...just have to overcome their past when they were pieces of poo that sold for 5k new back in the late 80's.

Thanks for the info

Is there are a good bit more space in the Rogue compared to your Altima? 

When the seats are down, there was a good amount of storage room in the 2008.  Like I bought an ENTIRE bedroom kit from ikea and fit everything but the mattress in there.  I thought the mattress was flat, but it was a tube, and I could have done that. Random advice:  Don't buy the IKEA foam mattress!

Now I can't speak for the new Rogues, but the 2007 (which didn't change until this new model) had decent room in the seating area.  I could sit in my fairly deep driving position, and had no real issues with passengers complaining about space behind me.  Though I will say I don't find there to be that much room inside a SUV compared to a car.  Only if you need vertical space behind the seats.  

Long part:

This summer, went on a family vacation with the Altima.  Tons of room in side, had everything for a 14 month old, my over packing wife, and my small amount of stuff with room to spare.  My Bro-in-Law and Parents-in-Law both have Rogues (we could have had a trifecta had I kept mine...), and while they were able to bring bigger items, they all had to fold their seats down, and deal with cargo in their faces or almost 3 year old's face.  I smiled to myself because we got everything we needed in the car, and I got nearly 10 more MPGs!

Back to Rogues.  In the two years I owned the car, I never had a mechanical or electrical problem.  It has one of the best bluetooth systems I've had in a car.  The new Nissan system I have is really inconsistent.  I was hoping for a repeat of the working system.  The Bose system was really great in the Rogue as well.  Again, I would have kept the car if it milage hadn't been so bad.  But then again, I only had it for two years.

I do not envy having to go through all of the opinions, and I hope that my opinions are helpful.  You've just go to look at the history of the models you're looking at, and drive them multiple times.  I knew with my Altima after the first 5 minutes, I really liked the car.  Not a race car, but the rear end does like to play a bit (ok...maybe terrible wording there, but the car turns very well).  Great milage, love the stereo, and so far it's been a very reliable car (knocking on wood).

Good luck to you!  Just make sure its the right car for you and your family.  If I was buying for an active family in the early 00s, I still love the old Xterras.  Cool looking, roomy, neato-Tough touches, but crap on gas and horrid interiors.

When the seats are down, there was a good amount of storage room in the 2008.  Like I bought an ENTIRE bedroom kit from ikea and fit everything but the mattress in there.  I thought the mattress was flat, but it was a tube, and I could have done that. Random advice:  Don't buy the IKEA foam mattress!

Now I can't speak for the new Rogues, but the 2007 (which didn't change until this new model) had decent room in the seating area.  I could sit in my fairly deep driving position, and had no real issues with passengers complaining about space behind me.  Though I will say I don't find there to be that much room inside a SUV compared to a car.  Only if you need vertical space behind the seats.  

Long part:

This summer, went on a family vacation with the Altima.  Tons of room in side, had everything for a 14 month old, my over packing wife, and my small amount of stuff with room to spare.  My Bro-in-Law and Parents-in-Law both have Rogues (we could have had a trifecta had I kept mine...), and while they were able to bring bigger items, they all had to fold their seats down, and deal with cargo in their faces or almost 3 year old's face.  I smiled to myself because we got everything we needed in the car, and I got nearly 10 more MPGs!

Back to Rogues.  In the two years I owned the car, I never had a mechanical or electrical problem.  It has one of the best bluetooth systems I've had in a car.  The new Nissan system I have is really inconsistent.  I was hoping for a repeat of the working system.  The Bose system was really great in the Rogue as well.  Again, I would have kept the car if it milage hadn't been so bad.  But then again, I only had it for two years.

I do not envy having to go through all of the opinions, and I hope that my opinions are helpful.  You've just go to look at the history of the models you're looking at, and drive them multiple times.  I knew with my Altima after the first 5 minutes, I really liked the car.  Not a race car, but the rear end does like to play a bit (ok...maybe terrible wording there, but the car turns very well).  Great milage, love the stereo, and so far it's been a very reliable car (knocking on wood).

Good luck to you!  Just make sure its the right car for you and your family.  If I was buying for an active family in the early 00s, I still love the old Xterras.  Cool looking, roomy, neato-Tough touches, but crap on gas and horrid interiors.

this, my sister has one and I couldn't believe how many times I was filling that bad boy up 

I have a 2005 Toyota Highlander that was assembled in Japan and it has been beyond reliable.  I've put that car through the ringer and it's still killing it at 100k+.  I don't really think it matters what kind of car you get, each one is different and you might get a lemon or you might not.  On that note it's best to get a warranty, whatever car you get.

Hell yeah, I've been selling Hyundai's for 7 years. We have the highest owner satisfaction and loyalty of any brand.

These cars are legit...just have to overcome their past when they were pieces of poo that sold for 5k new back in the late 80's.

Hyundai's are awesome.

Owned and Azerra for 5 years before trading it in....never a problem.

Have had my Vera Cruz for 3 years and not one minute of issue.

The quality is great and the warranty is out of this world.

Thanks everyone for your input. It was helpful. After measuring the insides of cargo areas with the back seats down we found that the Nissan Altima had more storage length than many of the small SUVs. Surprising right. Its also great on gas mileage.

Archived