• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

J Stew

SCP

I watched the Panthers vs Chiefs. I've actually watched it three times now. 

No one is discrediting the O-line. In fact, it seems like most people are giving them a lot of credit. Just because the line blocked well doesn't mean Stew wasn't the best runner on the team last night. They're not mutually exclusive. 

I'm not just talking about the TD runs. Stew's first run was outside and he followed his blockers until he found the hole and then took off for a great gain. 

His first TD he was hit right at the line of scrimmage and then again at the goal line and shed both of the tackles. 

His third run was again to the outside where he followed his blockers to what looked like a no gain and once again he patiently waited and was able to dive for a four yard gain....two of which came after the initial hit. 

The second TD was certainly untouched. 

Not sure what the big deal is with acknowledging that Stew had a good game and I don't see where anyone has buried the O-line. 

Don't get sucked into this mentality

We had a lot of problems against the Niners. 2013 Stewart and his still recovering self wouldn't have saved the day

Well, the past is the past (as well all know), but I am in good company regarding that mentality in the present.  Even Rivera is excited about the possibilities when it comes to having Stewart on the field.

Rivera said the Panthers have the potential to be ''dynamic'' if Stewart can stay healthy.

Ryan Kalil's mentality regarding Stewart mirrors mine as well.

''When he does get back out there you realize why he is so special and why you keep giving him chances to come back,'' Kalil said.

Kalil said the 5-foot-10, 235-pound Stewart runs as hard as any back in the league.

''I've played so many games with him and watched so much film, you see a guy that people want to keep fighting and fighting for,'' Kalil said. ''I think he is such a huge part of our running game and it's great to have him out there.''

Stewart, IF he can stay healthy, is a beast.  Minimize his potential contribution to the success of the team all you like if it makes you feel better.

The line looked better because they had someone to fight for.they had somebody that was going to actually fight for yards at the line. Someone who'd wait for the holes/blockers to happen. Not go down after 2 yards. That first carry by Stewart was a momentum changer. For the line and the offense.

He played good but to keep him fresh it's essential thaT he splits carries between d will and Tolbert, Shula should have fun figuring the happy medium for the 3

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

He doesn't need to split with all those guys to stay fresh

Cam, Tolbert, Stewart, Williams? Split with everyone and that is like 7-9 rushes per person. Your best RB doesn't need 7 rushes....he needs more IMO

Archived