• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

D Will says Panthers didn't reach out to him when his mother died

QCkilla

RR and a bunch of others within the org attended CJ's grandmothers funeral but not DeAngelo's mother's funeral? So very hard to believe.

In fairness, Johnson battled through that in front of his team.

I still think you have to acknowledge different reactions say if something happens in December vs April. One of those is going to generate more response simply bc of the "when"

I don't know what the truth is, but given the Panthers history with stuff like this I have a very hard time believing they did nothing.

Regardless of the truth, the timing of this comes off as sour grapes by DWill. It just does.

Yeah, it definitely does. Apparently everyone knew he was going to be released except for him

have you ever noticed that the players who got the most pissed off when gettleman released them or let them walk were ones who played most or all of their careers with hurney as their GM

Maybe they have a tough time separating the family atmosphere from the business side.  DWIll was a panther for a third of his life--tough getting cut.

It takes time getting over a mother's death.  I give him a pass.  Look at his life the past year-money doesn't  buy everything. 

What is so hard to understand about this? No one attended the funeral and Jerry Richardson (the greatest owner in all of sports who always does the morally correct thing like firing his sons and blackmailing charlotte) did not personally reach out to him. He never said no one in the organization reached out, he said Jerry Richardson didn't. Ron Rivera and David Gettleman very well may have reached out to him. If people find it petty that he is upset that the owner of the Carolina Panthers can reach out to a 13 year old fan who is trying to find a team to root for, but cannot reach out to him when his mother dies then I am not sure what else can be said to you. The team is clearly in the wrong. 

Archived