• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gettleman: Oher can be answer at left tackle

Jeremy Igo

Damn it Igo!  I was in the middle of a well thought out thread on this topic myself, and here you go stealing my thunder!

Just kidding, copy/paste is my friend.

I'm positive, as most of us are, that Matsko had some input in this move.  I also feel very good about what Gettleman said here, especially this comment, "We did our homework on Michael, and we feel very strongly that he can be an answer for us."  I'm one who trusts his evaluation of talent, and even with Matsko's input, I don't think he would pull the trigger if he didn't see something positive on the tape.  I'm good with it, although like many others, I'm still nervous.

He's pretty much stating exactly what we all know to be the case but for some reason some want to complain about it. He "can be an answer". He is a guy we can use on either side and allows us some flexibility in the draft and in how they develop any rookie tackle they may take. I don't see how this is a controversial statement to some.

I honestly don't think that Gettleman values offensive linemen that much. When you look at his history with the Goants, his perpetual comments about players needing to "gel" rather than acquiring talent, and our annual complacency with just sticking absolutely anybody at the position and saying "Oh yeah, bro. We're good now."

I honestly don't think the man just values offensive lineman all that much. Which is a shame, because he's absolutely and hilariously wrong in doing so and it's going to cost this team (and it's QB) success.

Archived