• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers In No Hurry

Jeremy Igo

Arguments that will be posted:

1.  We don't have a reliable #2 to take pressure off of KB and Olsen.  

2.  We are relying on a guy better known for a movie than his on the field play (or better known as a bust)

3.  The Super Bowl is tots won in March.  Just look at the Eagles!  They are having their parade because they signed like 18 running backs over 25!

4.  Since we "lucked" out and play the worst teams possible, and they are all getting a ton better because of their FA spending and trading while we stand pat; we are immediately worse than all of them.

5.  This isn't how I run my Madden/Fantasy team!  I won several championships last year!

What it comes down to:  We are fans, some more knowledgeable than others.  Gettleman is a real GM who'se helped build Super Bowl winning teams.  I'll trust him.  We can bicker about fits and players and stuff, but at the end of the day we have no control over anything football related.

I'm not unhappy with where we are right now.  I question some of the moves, but I look forward to seeing how everything comes together.  I'm a fan.  It's March.  I have hope!

• Pie 4

Agree 100%, good points Jeremy

The pieces that are in place are better than they were last year and it seems that we are healthy which is good.

We actually have a competent who will put us in a position come draft day to address the other needs. Looking at the NFCS, we have no need to overpay a bunch of guys to compete this year.

I think it's imporant to remember that he Carolina Panthers are a conservative organization. They have been this way for many years, but somehow people expect them to be different (myself included). Then they act surpised when we don't make big risky moves.

• Pie 1

Excellent write up, Jeremy.  You should be syndicated.  You spoke volumes when you said 'sit back, enjoy the ride'.  I really like Gettleman's approach.  Sure there is still a question at the tackle position.  I agree it is better but it needs to get much better.  I have faith in Gettleman and will not panic.  We're going to the big game.  We will win the big game if not this year, next year.

When the team started to gel near the end of the season, a bunch of the holes that were apparent during the losing streak were quickly filled and we showed great progression.  The only areas that were of big need were the return game (temp fix now with Ginn) and any replacement of Bell would be an upgrade (Oher).  Both of those were addressed with veterans to start with so we don't go into the season with a green player going against some of NFL's bests and getting burnt early.  

Great job by Gettle, as Im sure we will still fill in those holes with the Draft as well, it was apparent if any position can be impacted quickly by a solid rookie, its the WR position.  We get 1 or 2 surefire guys to help in the passing offense through the draft for little to no money...the better. 

Can't wait for the draft.

I hate the fact that ppl keep complaining about the Oher signing. Last year he was injured! That is one of the reasons why he played so poorly. Also who do we get in his place? Oh yeah Jake Long Mr. Consistently IRd. Some people will bitch and complain no matter what. If we don't make a big signing people are going to panic

Excellent write up, Jeremy.  You should be syndicated.  You spoke volumes when you said 'sit back, enjoy the ride'.  I really like Gettleman's approach.  Sure there is still a question at the tackle position.  I agree it is better but it needs to get much better.  I have faith in Gettleman and will not panic.  We're going to the big game.  We will win the big game if not this year, next year.

Actually that line you like so much sounds mighty familiar.

Just sit back, relax and enjoy the ride. 

Just saying.

Edit: Shhh, actually the whole sentiment

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1