• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers talk to Greg Jennings

Jeremy Igo

After he stopped running on that route in the Arizona playoff game and caused an INT I was like...yea...we can do better...

He did all sorts of BS the entire year and I'm surprised more panthers fans don't call him out on it.

He may be a good dude to have in the locker room but he is average AT BEST as a WR.

This is the one FA WR that I would love to see here.

Great player....great team mate....great licker room guy.

Perfect vet to mentor KB, Brien, and our likely new rookie wr

Licker? I believe the word you're looking for is locker. Or liquor. Either one could work depending on the circumstances.

Licker? I believe the word you're looking for is locker. Or liquor. Either one could work depending on the circumstances.

Having terrible issues on the site this morning on my phone.. Keyboard freezing up, site shutting down on me, etc.

Meant locker room

Only the top two rookies actually fall into the top 51 contracts, and those two bump two other contracts out. The net impact is more like $1 million.

It's really like $2-3M, but you're are correct its not too much.

$1M base in the first year and $5M signing bonus on a 2 year contract means his cap hit for 2015 would be $3.5M. That's easily affordable for the Panthers. In 2016, the cap opens up so we are well prepared to deal with a bigger hit from him. If Dave decides he wants him, he can offer $6M per year without much stress at all which should be around the top of the range teams will offer him. The money is there if Gettleman wants to use it.

I don't know what all the hype is about. Yes, he's a veteran presence, and it checks the "name recognition" block as well, but other than that, Jennings is a shell of his former self.

I'd rather build through the draft and as much as I want to puke saying this.... Develop our young reciever corps

Archived