• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

same as last year, Rivera says Cam has got to become a more sound QB

gettlemanjack

I have a feeling that people are going to make excuses for Cam no matter what. It is always everybody else's fault besides Cam that he still (after 4 years) continually overthrows his receivers, misplaces the ball, takes ill-advised sacks, misreads a defense, forces the ball into triple coverage, etc. Don't think I'm bashing Cam. I think he has done a good job considering he had 1 year of college ball and came from a non-pro offense. But I want to see some better progression. We won't win a superb owl without Cam taking his game to another level.

Everything you've named literally happens to EVERY other QB in this game, at one point or another. Literally. Run for ya life Cam, but develop your pocket presence at the same time. Become a precision passer Cam, with 2-3 decent pass catchers and a bunch of jags. Let things settle. He is beginning to evolve his game. All things considered, the kid is a fuging stud.

Everything you've named literally happens to EVERY other QB in this game, at one point or another. Literally. Run for ya life Cam, but develop your pocket presence at the same time. Become a precision passer Cam, with 2-3 decent pass catchers and a bunch of jags. Let things settle. He is beginning to evolve his game. All things considered, the kid is a fuging stud.

Kid being the key word there. He still has a long career ahead....too many times does he literally have to try to win the game on his own.

He was right last offseason and he is right now.

It is called developing. To say he still needs to work on same things, does not mean he has not already improved in those areas. Simply that he need to continue to improve.

It isn't either/or.

Cam is progressing at a good pace, he is not perfect, but he is better than most and still growing

He is stating the obvious, but he is correct. Newton is still developing, it's only his fifth season.

The usual people have popped in to attempt to pile on, but they apparently didn't bother to read all of his comments. Typical.

I've never seen anyone say cam is perfect.  Literally not a single person.

I HAVE seen a lot of people say he's not the answer, doesn't deserve franchise money, we need to move on, etc.

Defending Cam =/= Saying he's perfect.

We all know he needs to improve.

SEA fans complain about Bevell, IND fans complain about Hamilton, few fan bases love their OCs. Shula may not be that good but he is not that bad.

I have often thought the same thing.  As long as I have been coming to this board (going on 10 years I think), we have never had a offensive coordinator that was well liked by the majority of the fans here. 

Shula does what the hc wants him to do. 

Archived