• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Five teams that won't return to the playoffs

Toker Smurf

Well the falcons should be better than last year considering they have a top pick and signed some new players but I find predictions useless, especially in the offseason.

Btw I feel plenty of people on here know and are better at predictions than a lot of sports writers. Maybe you should look into writing articles if you feel you can do better. After all there are horrible articles and writers getting paid every day. Maybe they get paid because who they know or their credentials but it's not because of their work.

I could live with it if the author had expanded on his point. It's really the lack of effort that rubs me the wrong way. As if he's just going 'I mean come on the falcons are going to be better' and leaving it at that. Well, why?

I could live with it if the author had expanded on his point. It's really the lack of effort that rubs me the wrong way. As if he's just going 'I mean come on the falcons are going to be better' and leaving it at that. Well, why?

Agreed. I am okay bring on the list of the reasons are better. I mean Seattle, Green Bay, New England, and Indy will make our so if he had to name five more there are only eight to choose from.

We beat a Arizona team on their 4th qb.... who had no clue how to play qb in the NFL....it's not like we beat a great team. It was nice to win the division just because, well, fug the other teams in our division, but, we aren't a playoff caliber team

I don't buy excuses for not losing, just like I don't buy excuses for not winning.  

Arizona had plenty of other weapons to rally around and got beat by the better team.  The Panthers belonged in the playoff's both in 2013 and last year, that makes them a "playoff caliber" team.  Not sure why anyone can allow the media or other fans to postulate differently.

I can almost understand them saying the saints, even though they'r getting rid of all of old man brees' weapons, their defense is still bad, and ll thye think spiller is dynamic but

"the falcons are bound to be better" based on...?

they have a Qb,a WR and a Corner. That's their entire team.

lol

So it says it has the Falcons and Saints making it back to the playoffs and not the panthers?

Has Atlanta fixed their god awful defense yet? How about a running game?

Has the saints gotten out of their cap hell? Do they still have NFL players on the roster on offense that is worth a Damn?

I see Dallas and Detroit falling out of contention, but the Broncos will be back and for some reason, Andy Dalton's Bengals end up in the playoffs each year... no explanation available, but he's been able to do what few other Bengals QBs have been... get to the playoffs multiple times. 

And then us. We'll be there. We gutted it out last season, kept most of the squad intact and the Falcons and Saints haven't gotten better.

The Falcons and Saints are trainwreck teams. They are essentially both banking on the fact that their overrated/washed up QBs will win games for them. Meanwhile our underrated QB will lean on the best defense in the division to make the playoffs for the 3rd straight year.

Not giving them the click but without reading I bet we are on the list.

I bet they say the Saints will be better because of their free agent acquisitions and the Falcons will be better because they just had a down year and ignore the Bucs.

I really don't care, I like for the Panthers to show they belong on the field when the take Drew Brees and Matt Ryan and hit them so hard their tampons fly out, not be the champions of March on ESPN or the NFL Network.

Funny how the Taints have become more like us on offense by losing Graham and Stills and picking up Unger and Spiller, so that makes them a playoff darling over us.

Falcants lose their top 2 RBS and starting LG will somehow be overcome by going to a Zone Blocking Scheme (our DLine had better watch their knees) and adding TEs Moeaki and Tamme, while replacing WR Douglas with WR Hankerson. Defense has brought in LBs Schofield from Seattle, Durant from Dallas, and Reed from Houston (all very unremarkable). Their big pass-rush pickup has been Adrian Clayborn, the 1 armed washout from Tampa. Wonder how good he'll look when Gerald McCoy isn't next to him in Atlanta. But the article writer must think he'll become the next John Abraham there.

I stopped reading and listening to sportswriters after we had one do such a great job being our GM.

Every time the media backs the Panthers, the Panthers disappoint.

So why should the media ever be pro Panthers until the Panthers prove otherwise?

BTW, I don't give a dayum about what the media says.

It's just better that way, especially with the media pushing a negative agenda whether it's the 6 o'clock news, or yours sports news hour.

Archived