• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

La'El Collins may be in play after all

Mr. Scot

Perhaps Collins and his agent aren't "stupid" at all. Maybe once his agent realized the writing on the wall regarding the 2016 draft, this ploy was a way to virtually ensure that Collins would make it to UDFA and have the ability to sign where he wanted (being that he was screwed anyway).

Say what you want, but Collins' and Turner's remarks (and tweets) are a good indication that Carolina would at the very least be in the running to land La'el. Why wouldn't he want to come and play with his best friend in a situation with a good possibility to start, with a young up and coming team?

Sure the Panthers have their own unique history regarding Carruth, but if Collins is truly innocent and the authorities give him the thumbs up, the correlation between the two situations basically no longer exist. The Panthers would not have any off field reason not to sign Collins if he really wants to play here. And, I am going to guess that Collins was one of the 4/5 OTs that Gman was referring to in his pre-draft presser.

Even if he were to choose another team, I just at least HOPE we're doing our due diligence here to see if he's clear. He's consistently been called a non-suspect...even though it's a weird situation where something clearly scared teams. 

IF we landed Collins, to go with Williams, Turner, and Norwell....we have 4 pieces of our OL locked up for the next few years extremely cheap. 

This is just TOO GOOD of a possibility to happen for us.

The Panthers never get possibilities like this one and it might be the reason we won't land him. I really hope I'm wrong, but we always seem like the team that's get screwed over most in the league compared the other teams. If we could add him to our offensive line this would be big, and he could end up being the starter over Oher and Martin.

All I know is with the addition of Darryl Williams, Kalil still beasting and Turner and Norwell being studs. If you add a guy like Collins to solidify your left side with Oher and Martin as depth, this O line could be on Cowboys level elite in terms of O line. Add in a O line like that with weapons like KB/Funchess/Cam/Olsen and with our top 10 D.

I would literally put a chunk of change down on a super bowl victory, especially combine all that with our cake schedule

Archived