• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rapsheet - Torn ACL for Kelvin Benjamin

Jeremy Igo

Okay, let's get a grip here. We're adults but people are whining and crying like babies about how unfair it is and woe is me we are going to suck.

Bull.

It is a real shame that this kid got hurt and I really hope he heals up quickly and well. I want to see him back on the field next year. However, this year did not and will not hinge on Kelvin Benjamin. While he had a great freshman effort with him, there was no guarantee that he wasn't going to have a sophmore slump. And remember, we had a better record the year before he got here than we had last year.

Games are won by solid defense (which we have in spades), ball control on offense and the play of the quarterback. Having great WRs is a luxury, but a great quarterback can make average receivers look great. This is going to be Cam's chance to shine and step into the level of greatness we know he can achieve.

Kelvin out this year will test us and if our guys really work at it, they will succeed. And it will make for a better team next year.

So quit your crying. If there ain't no crying in baseball, there sure as hell shouldn't be in the bleachers of a football stadium.

Thats a great theory, i have come around to the fact the because TD has had so many repairs it has benefited him in being healthy these last couple years. This could be good for the longevity of KBs career, i think i heard someone say it was a level 3 tear, but at the same time you just hope thats not the case with other players on the team far as ligaments being weak.

I was talking with one of my friends about this today and i gotta say, I think KB was the most important player on offense. Everyone has solid backups( not counting the oline) expect KB. Funchess is unproven and Brown is not even close to a #1, hell no one is. I still see us winning the division (lol div rivals all still suck ass), but the playoff run hope are dwindling. Of course i still have some hope as players could unexpectedly lvl up and play super well. Just really would've been nice to have KB Funchess olsen brown ginn stew and cam. So many weapons, but without Kb....

Again I still think we'll be good, but i thought we had a legit shot of going all the way this year and now this happens. Who even knows if norman will be with us next year etc..

fug I'm just pissed off

I'm definitely not an expert when it comes to knee injuries, but lets say hypothetically Benjamin didn't tear his ACL on the cut he made in practice today, is it accurate to say that he could have possibly torn it later on in the season? 

I keep watching the video and the fact that he fully tore it on a very minor cut not going full speed with no contact at all, who's to say it wouldn't have given out later. Maybe the ligament was already partially torn or was extremely weak and it was only a matter of time before he fully tore it. 

If that's the case, then maybe it's a blessing it happened early in the preseason. 

Im wondering the same thing. Anyone know?

brrooooooo!!! I just got nfl ticket for FREE and $20 off my bill every month for a year. You gotta hustle man!!! Call and ask for retention department. Get a deal!

Oh, I do the streaming service through the PS3. I can't get DirecTV in my apartment building because that zone doesn't permit dishes. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to shell out the money just so I have the chance to get Sunday Ticket in the comfort off my home without having to subscribe to cable or satellite.

Woke up this morning, still very depressed.  Pretty sure I had a bad dream about it last night too, recollection is fuzzy though.

Trying to muster up the same excitement for the season I had previously, but having a hard time doing it.  Maybe it will just take some time.

Archived