• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Answer is on the Roster

Jeremy Igo

I mentioned this in another thread... with this injury and with Shula as the OC, I fear for Cam's health this year more than I ever have.  Shula is going to run Cam into the ground is my guess.

No he want, his worst hits in the NFL where in drop back situation he literally was punishing defenders in 2011.

Cam Newton is our Marshawn  Lynch  and it helps to have OL like this and mini AP as your RB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXD-M1R8P4Y

I was feeling bummed out but still slightly optimistic about everything until I remembered we have Shula as our OC and he will attempt to force some square peg into round hole offensive BS when he needs to adjust, something he has yet to do as our OC. 

I'm so sick of Shula it's annoying. 

same here , shula sucks. Do you notice hes always calling runs up the middle and calls deep passes instead of short / intermidiate passes

No he want, his worst hits in the NFL where in drop back situation he literally was punishing defenders in 2011.

Cam Newton is our Marshawn  Lynch  and it helps to have OL like this and mini AP as your RB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXD-M1R8P4Y

Oh, I completely understand Cam and his being bigger, better, and more physical than the defenders on the other side of the ball.  And that he's very smart and field-aware when running it.  I'm the dean of that particular college and field of study.

What I also am though is a math major.  And I fear the increase of the odds by jacking up his opportunities to be hit exponentially... which (again I fear) Shula will do.

Edited by tiger7_88

With a wine glass in my hand.

Whose wine?

What wine?

Where the hell did I dine?

You had me excited... then you had to go and crush my dreams. 

I'm probably the only one here that remembers that Peter Frampton tune when it was on the charts......I'm old and KB is lost for the season. sometimes life sucks.

• Pie 1

Oh, I completely understand Cam and his being bigger, better, and more physical than the defenders on the other side of the ball.  And that he's very smart and field-aware when running it.  I'm the dean of that particular college and field of study.

What I also am though is a math major.  And I fear though the increase of the odds by jacking up his opportunities to be hit exponentially... which (again I fear) Shula will do.

But its all  relationship to the field while sitting still in drop situation  that hits are harder players are bigger and you have no momentum to counter their force , while on the open field you can go away from contact and slide down or run out of bounce aka Vision vs blind sided.

The only problem is that teams will stack the box and come after cam hard.  Three yards in a cloud of dust still ends in a punt.

I'll be honest, Cam isn't Peyton or Tom Brady, he needs good/great receivers to be successful.  We still have Olsen but that's really it, everyone else are role players at best.

I woke up this morning to find the bulk of Panthers Nation on football suicide watch in the wake of the Kelvin Benjamin ACL news. While the situation does look dire for the Panthers receiving corps, it isn't the end of the 2015 Panthers playoff hopes. 

The Panthers simply need to look at the offensive talent they have on their roster (and there is plenty of it), and embrace an identity that matches it. 

What should that identity be? 

Answer: A hard nosed running attack with play action passing. 

The Panthers do not have the roster currently to attack by the air. It just will not happen this year folks. However, the Panthers do have a very strong roster for running the ball. Embrace it. The pendulum started to swing last year. Teams have smaller, faster defenses with sub packages to combat the passing game of today's NFL. The time is now to run the ball in a power running game and turn their defensive strength into a weakness. 

Oher, Norwell, Kalil, Turner, Remmers, and even rookie Daryl Williams are all suited to dominate in a run game provided an adequate scheme and play calling. Stewart, Tolbert, Todman, Artis-Payne, Brockel and even the rookie Lee Ward are perfect weapons in the offensive backfield for this approach. So they want to put 8 or 9 in the box? Good, let them. 

Pretend it is 1978, line up your biggest meanest guys and pound out a few yards at a time. Throw a quick out to Greg Olsen, or a long bomb to Ted Ginn out of play action. Bootleg Cam Newton for a big gain once the defense is tired and gasping for air. 

Forget running out of the shotgun. Forget the finesse two tight end sets. Forget the bubble screen to a 4th receiver. Forget single back sets. 

And for the love of all that is holy, please do not pretend last year's offensive scheme will work with the current Panthers personnel. 

Because...

Hidden Content

View full article

cc: michael Shula

You know who our OC is right? 

strangely, his play calling style is perfect for a ground and pound offense. It's his stupid mistakes that are so infuriating and damning to our offense

Completely agree with Jeremy. Heard a bunch of analysts call us a "nightmare mismatch" and losing a 6'5" 238 lb receiver hurts that, but we still can create some mismatches, but they won't be as obvious as KB versus a smaller DB. Our Offensive Coordinator is going to have to scheme receivers open, we're going to have to complete the easy passes (short/timing routes) and then when the opportunity presents itself to punish a team with a deep ball, we've got to complete it. We were NEVER going to throw the ball all over the field. Running the ball is our foundation and I believe that for us to be successful, we've gotta hammer teams between the tackles.