• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Trade for Jared Allen

Jeremy Igo

Steve Smith will likely be traded at some point. The Ravens aren't making the playoffs and he's retiring. They'll trade him for whatever they can get around Nov/Dec.

Doubt it'll be back here but it would be funny. 

zerrrrrrrrrrrooooooooo chance

I partially agree, but we haven't done much to shore up the WR position. Kevin Norwood does not look like the answer (nor did I ever think he was).

I think we're probably fine at WR as long as Olsen can keep getting open, and Ginn keeps hauling in those deep passes.  I'm not convinced the Norwood trade was entirely about getting lots of production this year, but for greater depth and grooming someone who we wanted to draft last year.   Maybe he'll step up this year, maybe not.  But remember, at the time we got Norwood, Funchess had hardly played due to injuries.  We really needed another body on the WR corps, especially a guy who seems like he can handle the physical part of the game and go up and high point catches, all of which Norwood is reputed to be able to do.  Lets see how Norwood gets used after the bye. 

I trust our F/O in drafting, and the Norwood pick was basically an extra 2014 draft pick up.

Archived