• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Don't look for a big move to replace Josh Norman

Jeremy Igo

28 minutes ago, Bartin said:

Alan Ball is also still out there and Gettleman tried to sign him last year before he ultimately chose to go to the Bears.

In another thread, I posted all the current free agent cornerbacks, using the list from PFF (with grades) and Spotrac.

I confess I don't know these players, but just based on a quick look at the availability, I'm interested in learning more about Leon Hall and Cassius Vaughn....

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, KB_fan said:

In another thread, I posted all the current free agent cornerbacks, using the list from PFF (with grades) and Spotrac.

I confess I don't know these players, but just based on a quick look at the availability, I'm interested in learning more about Leon Hall and Cassius Vaughn....

Leon Hall is definitely an intriguing option. He's definitely a solid CB, but he's older so age drop off could be an issue. I imagine we would look at him as well, but money may be an issue there. I think I read that was the reason he hasn't been signed yet, but don't quote me on that.

I've never heard of Cassius Vaughn before so I can't comment on that. He has a higher grade than most that are out there but it looks like he only played 44 snaps last year so I don't know how weight you can put on that.

4 hours ago, the_philosopher said:

All I want to know is why does everyone call them "corners?" We never say, "Cam is a great quarter," or "Wonder if we'll draft a running this year." 

Maybe because they actually play the corners of the def/ field while a  running also just blocks or a quarter back doesn't just play a a quarter of the field :D

On surface nOT a good move , getting Boykin was good based on solidifying the secondary w/ Norman as The headliner...Now we R in same position or worse ,down a man ,down our best man...it's going to take A while to see how far back we went...but definitely we went backwards...not fan of DG and this doesn't help change that...perpetual long-term rebuilding 

1 hour ago, Growl said:

Oh please Scot don't retreat to your foxhole now.

You've thrown a juvenile tantrum everytime I dare call out your beloved master. 

"uhh I don't care, I don't care at all"

Now come on, let's hear another one of those awful attempts at a cutdown so I can giggle and snark. 

"you say, uh, things that are not true Growl! Yeah. Take that!"

No, but keep trying.

4 hours ago, carolina-chuck2 said:

I think a vet CB will be brought in long with a 2nd or 3rd rounder (Burns, Fuller, Howard, Sanchez, Miller, Cyrus, Russell)

Is Finnegan and Tillman still around? I know that neither has been signed, but they both still have some game left, and (especially Tillman) have a lot to teach younger guys.

59 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

Is Finnegan and Tillman still around? I know that neither has been signed, but they both still have some game left, and (especially Tillman) have a lot to teach younger guys.

Tillman tore his ACL late in the season and is an old CB.  He may try to get in shape, but I don't think that he will be ready to play until mid season....at best.

IF he still wants to play.

3 hours ago, Growl said:

Honestly if there werent a bunch of stupid cliches this board loves recycling surrounding gettleman "hog molly! Tee-hee!" I think you'd see a significantly larger number of people willing to call Gettleman out on his mistakes.

We've had a large enough sample size now to know he relies too heavily on terrible players on the roster and we've witnessed it hurt the team a number of times. 

Its a formulaic process at this point:

Gettleman lets talented player walk

People question this

Gettleman defends himself by churning out some gibberish usually pertaining to abstract concepts and how bad players will not be bad because of them

Bad players end up hurting the team and being cut midseason or simply not able to do the job when the quality of competition is good enough that the strengths of the team can't cover for them.

Your rants are just that... rants.  You're mad, and you just blurt out whatever gibberish comes to mind.  Tell us, since you think you know, what the hell could have been done?  What could Gettleman have done, instead of "letting talented players walk?"  Also giving examples of which talented players he's let walk would be great, because he's got a shitload of talent under contracts that he's negotiated, and I really can't think of any.  That's something I'd be extremely interested to know.

You're blaming him for this whole mess, and you have no idea why, or how, it all happened.  Funny how Norman all of a sudden decided to go with a new agent, the day after this happened.  An idiot like me, would assume that the agent he was working with, had a lot to do with it.

Gettleman makes mistakes, just like every other human being.  You know why so many people back him?  Because he's done a metric poo ton more good for this team, than he'll probably ever do wrong.  That's why he gets the benefit of the doubt, most of the time.

• Pie 6

9 hours ago, cgcp84 said:

That may be all good playing against teams like Seattle and San Fran this year, but going against these offenses with Brees, Julio, Palmer, even Jameis, etc. you need great play at the corner positions.  I was already a little worried about Bene moving outside this year.  Hope we at least go CB in round 1.

No.

1 hour ago, Nick_81 said:

Your rants are just that... rants.  You're mad, and you just blurt out whatever gibberish comes to mind.  Tell us, since you think you know, what the hell could have been done?  What could Gettleman have done, instead of "letting talented players walk?"  Also giving examples of which talented players he's let walk would be great, because he's got a shitload of talent under contracts that he's negotiated, and I really can't think of any.  That's something I'd be extremely interested to know.

You're blaming him for this whole mess, and you have no idea why, or how, it all happened.  Funny how Norman all of a sudden decided to go with a new agent, the day after this happened.  An idiot like me, would assume that the agent he was working with, had a lot to do with it.

Gettleman makes mistakes, just like every other human being.  You know why so many people back him?  Because he's done a metric poo ton more good for this team, than he'll probably ever do wrong.  That's why he gets the benefit of the doubt, most of the time.

Well you're right about one thing.