• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gettleman: we only had one guy rated higher when we picked Bradberry, a defensive tackle

CatMan72

1 minute ago, Frank Hollywood said:

Do you think Gettlemen would actually admit if the Saints stole Bell from us?

Serious question, because I don't know.

I doubt it...but I'm cynical, skeptical and all that.

Just now, Frank Hollywood said:

No chance in hell would he admit that publicly if it was true, but someone in the draft room might leak that he was top of the board.

1 hour ago, Frank Hollywood said:

Maybe, he's so open about who he has ranked higher and lower that I could see him just not caring about the perception that it leaves. I was surprised he even admitted that Bradberry wasn't his number 1 guy, so I wouldn't put it past him. 

Regardless of who went before---Considering the talent available when we picked him and given DGs drafting in the past, this Bradberry could be good off the bat.  I see a lot of people talking about it taking a bit but I think he has potential to be out there quite soon and effective. 

I've had a chance to watch quite a bit of draftbreakdown stuff on Worley, including watching breakdowns of his defensive teammates and offensive players on opposing teams.

if either of the outside corner rookies is raw, it's probably Worley, and part of what may seem raw about him is him possibly.. kinda.. baiting the QB into throws by letting receivers get past him initially. clearly like all rookies he'll have his share of technique issues to sort out, but the press and chase stuff is his bread and butter. perfect fit for this defense. I could be misreading it and he's got more problems than I thought, and I imagine Wilks and the D staff will want to minimize any baiting tendencies he might have, especially in the beginning. But whatever he was doing, it got him 6 picks last year, and teams were definitely avoiding his side of the field for big chunks of games. most of the times they would attack him, they'd stack two receivers on his side with the tight end, forcing Joseph up to the line, and Worley would lay back in zone coverage, and they'd then throw a smoke screen or a route in the flat, and force him to get around a block. which, by the way, he did fairly well considering.

unsurprisingly, it's harder to find good footage of Bradberry, so I'm not sure I'm in a position to give a solid opinion on him right now. the footage I did watch, his technique was consistent and pretty similar to stuff that the Panthers do. but then, he wasn't challenged at the line quite as much in the footage I saw. he's a big dude with long arms for a CB, so it might be a case where the Southern Conference just doesn't have guys that can present much of a challenge for him. I'd love to see a cutup of this year's game against Louisville, though.

1 minute ago, joemac said:

Sounds like Bradbury is a good player. DG seems very high on him, and he is right way more than he's wrong. So I feel much better now after hearing that. We are going to be okay.

You wouldn't expect him to say different though. It's not like he or any other GM is going to come out and say, "Yeah, we drafted this guy in the 2nd round. He's OK. He'll probably suck and be a big bust, but there's an outside chance he figures it out and turns into a great player so that's why we drafted him."

Keanu Neal was "the top player on the Falcons board"

Bucs didn't draft a kicker, they drafted a "weapon"

I trust that Gettleman made a good pick but not because he tells me he did because literally everyone says that.

Archived