• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

corners

juliosantos

Are you comfortable with our current corners ? This upcoming draft is loaded with corners probably the best i have ever seen with players like lattimore and teez tabor that can be # 1 corners . As of now i feel good about our corner situation with bradberry and captain in the slot but i still dont have enough trust in whorely as of yet . I doubt we go corner at 8 because their is too much talent but i wouldn't be against it and if a good cb falls into the 2nd im all over that .

Bradbury gets a pass cuz a)he was a rookie, and b) he missed time.

On the other side, Worley is just hot garbage...rookie to the fullest... made no more then a handful of OK plays, but I really hope we get someone to challenge him for that spot and push him to be better, we should be ok if we can get back to actually collapsing the pocket and forcing quick passes

One thing our corners have the advantage of that other teams don't, is they get to go up against Brenton Bersin every day in practice.  This guy is so talented, he can field punts on his knees.  But seriously, I like our connahs and feel they're only going to get better while holding it down on the outside.  Bradberry was the highest graded rookie and looks the part, and Worley started holding his own the last 1/3rd of the season.

CB is definitely the weak spot that will be attacked in all areas of the game in 2017. They were attacked a lot in 2016, but not near what they will see now.

Last season they had teams attacking Kony Ealy, Vernon Butler, and Paul Soliai on the edge. They had Tre Boston, Robert McClain, Bene Benwikere, and Kurt Coleman at SS that offenses would attack up the middle. Bradberry and Worley got their share, but the other weak points on defense got some attention off of them. Bradberry was lucky to have a weaker CB opposite him that would be attacked more often.

That changes in 2017. Teams will want to stay away from everyone on the DL now with Ealy gone and Peppers waiting on the edge. Coleman goes back to FS with Adams at SS and Captain at nickel making the middle of the field very difficult to attack around the LBs.

Bradberry and Worley will be isolated a lot in 2017. They will need to play 10x better than they did in 2016, and they need to create more turnovers and attack downfield with their tackling in the running game. If they are anything like they were in their rookie seasons, then I expect the Kony Ealy treatment for Worley with Captain moving into a starting role and the front office scrambling for some mid season vet CBs.

While we were moaning through the last few games of the season, a few positives emerged.  Worley played better.  Expect that, with better safety play and pass rush, to improve, 

I also think Byrd may have won a job as a WR

Archived