• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Byrd can become a Pro Bowler" and I said this last year..

Ehh.. let him have his belief. It's not hurting anyone if the guy wants to proclaim Byrd will be a probowler.

While I don't share that belief, mainly due to being unsure how he'd fit into our offensive rotation, I also won't piss in the guy's corn flakes because it's fun either. Nothing wrong with optimism, even if you guys feel it's overboard. I mean, are you worried we'll be laughed at by Falcons fans or something??

Let the guy be.

The thing is Bryd has never been targeted much to even know what he had previously...he would be olen just not targeted..same with funchess but when funchess started to get targets he dropped last yr.  This coaching staff does not give young players a chance ..Ginn must have had a 100 drops ok im exaggerating, but none of the other players were given a shot..we saw how byrd played last preseason didn't see the field until last game. I think he was ready last yr they just held onto Ginn.

My God these Byrd threads are ridiculous. How about we wait and see if he can get more than 1 catch for 16 yards in a real game before we start calling him a pro bowler or even a starter? I know that's a radical idea to some of you but you should really consider it before you make complete fools of yourselves. I'm pulling for him to do well as much as anybody but he still has a LONG ways to go yet.

17 hours ago, ncfan said:

Probowler, haha No.  

Weapon in this offense....yes.

Lets not forget, Ginn was all but written off as a big time bust in this league.  Looked like only a track star.  Came in here and looked good.  He left and looked pedestrian and couldnt see pt in arizona only to come back here and look good.

Byrd has that same speed if not slightly more (younger than Ginn)  but seems to have become a better route runner and much better hands.  Now that he is a few seasons into this league and has the playbook down, who knows how high his ceiling is here.

Cam still has a Cannon of a arm, and Shula still likes to show everyone that his QB does by throwing in some deep shots.  No better player on this roster (except possibly Samuel) than Byrd for that just like Ginn was.

I agree. Byrd's emergence coincides perfectly with the departure of Ginn and Philly, as he looks like he can contribute in the slot or as a deep threat.  The fact that the Panthers are looking to get quicker overall on offense also helps him out. His ST looked pretty good too, I can't wait to see how high he can rise (pro-bowler seems like a stretch though)

Archived