• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

dj chark should be the pick

juliosantos

A lot of hate on the guy because he body catches but talent has him as a first rounder and possibly the best wr in this draft class. He had a mediocre qb and was on a run first offense thats why the stats are misleading. He goes to the combine and wrecks house , nobody was able to cover dj chark in that game he was looking like damn aj green over there . He goes to the combine and posts an impressive 40 time i bet no one thought he would be that fast right ? the best thing is he is 6 foot 4 , hes basically a ginn /funchess in one or we can say the next aj type of player when he has cam newton throwing the deep ball all game. Tell me a better wr that fits norv turners standards in this draft? ill wait. hes 6 foot 4 and can stretch the field hes the perfect wr for norv turners offense and he should be the pick .haters can hate but when its next year and he wins rookie of the year over rashad penny bup this thread!!

6 minutes ago, juliosantos said:

A lot of hate on the guy because he body catches but talent has him as a first rounder and possibly the best wr in this draft class. He had a mediocre qb and was on a run first offense thats why the stats are misleading. He goes to the combine and wrecks house , nobody was able to cover dj chark in that game he was looking like damn aj green over there . He goes to the combine and posts an impressive 40 time i bet no one thought he would be that fast right ? the best thing is he is 6 foot 4 , hes basically a ginn /funchess in one or we can say the next aj type of player when he has cam newton throwing the deep ball all game. Tell me a better wr that fits norv turners standards in this draft? ill wait. hes 6 foot 4 and can stretch the field hes the perfect wr for norv turners offense and he should be the pick .haters can hate but when its next year and he wins rookie of the year over rashad penny bup this thread!!

I would be shocked but not surprised.  I like him a lot.   Speed and size. Could be a good weapon for Turner and Cam.

7 minutes ago, BrianS said:

I like Chark too . . . but not as a first.  Most of the draft prognosticators have him as somewhere between the 7th and 13th best WR in this draft.

Nothing like the combine to make people forget what a player did or didnt do on the field 

4.34 40, and a legit 6'3 - 6'4 and list at 199/200 lbs-- at #24 I'm ok with this. 

To me this archetype is a perfect compliment to Funchess & Cam, paired with Byrd and Samuel's potential I'd be ok with this as the youth foundation while adding a veteran of quality in FA. 

Being able to field three guys in some sets all with 4.3 speed (Byrd, Samuel, Chark) along with Olsen, and CM to work underneath, just imagine the space for them to work in the passing game, and room for the run as teams heave to account for the deep passing game. 

And if you think of Tyrell Williams (SD receiver) that's what Chark reminds me of, while Funchess is comparable to Keenan Allen, but IMO Funchess has more athleticism overall. We all know Norv's offense's have featured size outside, I think this would be a good fit. 

You know he won't go in the first right? Yes LSU has bad qbs and not a friendly wr system but there's a reason he didn't see the field much throughout his career. 

He can't get off press and his routes are under developed. The tape doesn't lie, so many times guys get elevated because of combine numbers and physical traits forgetting that there tape(the product on the field) shows their flaws. 

DJ Chark in the 3rd is still a little rich from a talent standpoint but the 1st whew, look at Breshad perriman and Dorsett if you need examples. Hell DJ Chark isn't a better WR than Malachi Dupre which is why he never got reps over him at LSU and Dupre went in the 7th. 

I want to point out that Chark was seen as a day 2 pick (2nd/3rd round) before the combine. I don't think he is a first round draft pick but I want to squash the  narrative that he is a 5-6th round prospect now shooting up boards because of the combine. 

Archived