• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kalil dealing with knee injury

jamos14

6 minutes ago, Lemory said:

Might have to make a trade

It's really looking this way....

I mean our tackle depth (or lack thereof) was already alarming even with Matt Kalil "healthy" and starting.  Moton at RT looking solid, but very green, of course.  But who's behind them?  We've been playing guards like Dorian Johnson at tackle in preseason games for goodness sake. 

Sirles?  Clausell? Could either of these start at tackle on either side?

I'd rather we keep Moton at RT where he's strong and try to somehow find a serviceable LT, even if it's a very costly trade.  We have too much potential this season to risk it all to a disaster due to our OT situation.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yikes.

Do not like the sound of that.

Exactly.  It reeks of the staff saying "WTF DO WE DO NOW?!!"

And it explains Ron's obvious frustration during his interview yesterday when asked about Kalil.

5 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

It's really looking this way....

I mean our tackle depth (or lack thereof) was already alarming even with Matt Kalil "healthy" and starting.  Moton at RT looking solid, but very green, of course.  But who's behind them?  We've been playing guards like Dorian Johnson at tackle in preseason games for goodness sake. 

Sirles?  Clausell? Could either of these start at tackle on either side?

I'd rather we keep Moton at RT where he's strong and try to somehow find a serviceable LT, even if it's a very costly trade.  We have too much potential this season to risk it all to a disaster due to our OT situation.

If Kalil can't go, we're probably looking at a year of Moton learning the left tackle position.  He can probably do it, but that could be a bumpy road.

If you wanna be optimistic, his succeeding there would set us up with a decent "bookend" situation if we can keep Williams on the right, but Williams is a free agent next year and was speculated to be something other than affordable, so...

People jumping off the cliff cause we might lose this guy...everyone's been hoping Rivera and Hurney would make a move to replace him anyways. Better to know now before the season and before teams cut rosters down. I'm not going to cry the sky is falling cause we lose 2 paper weights in him and Amini...They have time to make a move and adjust and it's not like the guy coming in is replacing a sure thing anyways. 

I knew this signing was going to be a dud from the beginning. Dude was hurt and sucked at Minnesota, why did anybody think it would be different over here? Because his brother is here? Yeah, this disaster could have been seen a mile away tbh Horrible contract by Gettleman

Archived