• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watching without cable

rmoneyg35

44 minutes ago, trueblade said:

If you're on Verizon for your cell service, you get NFL Mobile which gives you access to all the games in your local market (maybe with a ~20 delay?). All you'd need to do at that point is figure out how to show it on your TV instead of your phone.

This is what I use when I'm out of town on gameday. I throw one of our AppleTV boxes in my luggage and use it to stream my phone to the TV. Works great if you've got good internet speeds. 

I have Spectrum Platinum, Internet, Netflix, and Amazon....

However, my friends have an "The Ugly Antenna" you can get it from a guy that lives in Statesville, NC. There is also DIY for it. This thing works wonders... and you can get a lot of channels are really good reception with it.

if you live locally? Panthers shouldn't be a problem.  Should be able to catch every game in HD with a simple antenna.   HD picture just as good as cable.  

Only game that gets you is Monday night.  So you would have to have access to an ESPN app.   Local networks pickup the NFLN games on Thursday. 

Don't really need cable for NFL fans.  Unless you live outside your teams area.   You can get all the games over the air for your team and whatever the bigger games are nationally broadcast on CBS/FOX/and Sun night NBC. 

if you are only talking about viewing from a computer? Gets tougher.  You can find links

I cut cable almost 2 years ago but really missed being able to flip on the TV with no worries during football/basketball season.

I signed up for Spectrum Pick 10 a couple weeks ago. Dude it’s like $25. Gives u all your local channels like fox, abc, cbs, etc. But then let’s you pick 10 channels on top of that. So naturally I picked 5 sports channels including NFL Network. 

Might not help u out this week, but moving forward if you are home and wanting to watch live, I’ve had zero issues. Can watch from your Roku as an option.

Archived