• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Rivera on drafting Donte Jackson. Gives Marty credit for selling him on a different type of player than usual

Saca312

The way I read the context there was that they set aside their usual desire to have big, physical corners in the Norman / Worley / Bradberry mold and draft a smaller, faster guy to actually play outside.  That makes sense to me.  I can't think of very many teams who have TWO big guys at WR.

Jackson has been a breath of fresh air tbh.

lol Ron, insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. All the teams in the division stacked their teams to specifically beat the Panthers. If you don't try something different then your team is going to start losing

4 minutes ago, hepcat said:

lol Ron, insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. All the teams in the division stacked their teams to specifically beat the Panthers. If you don't try something different then your team is going to start losing

Most of this board hated this pick and wanted Joshua Jackson and that kid from Colorado.

4 minutes ago, Rags said:

Most of this board hated this pick and wanted Joshua Jackson and that kid from Colorado.

I loved the pick. The Panthers have had the slowest corners in the NFL over the past decade. About time they grabbed someone who could actually run with these speedy receivers, especially in the division. Watching Ted Ginn burn the Panthers deep last year made me furious.

Archived