• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So why are the Ravens favored?

Camp Fodder

Inconsistency. Panthers have yet to show they can put it together for 4 quarters. Ravens have the #1 defense and defense tends to travel. The Panthers are the better team, but they have a tendency of not putting opponents away or playing down to their competition. 

So I’ve been wondering why the Ravens are favored?  Not that they aren’t good but 1). We are at home. 2). They have 1 more loss than us. 3) they lost to the Browns. Usually the only way a visiting team is favored is if the are CLEARLY the better team. I don’t get it

We have been favored many times to win big games we end up losing and it seems like we have a curse on us.

Lets see

-We've only beat the Worst Team in football by the 2nd longest FG in NFL History........... lost to the Redskins.........and had to have a Historic comback last week.

-They lost to a good Saints team by the best kicker in the league missing a XP for the first time ever

-They have the Top Defense,  we have a slow starting offense that has just gotten us by enough.  

-Most of our passes and I mean Most are short passes.  They have the best defense easily in defending short passes.    *we didnt attempt a pass over 20 yards until 7 min left in the game this past week

-They like to run the ball,   outside of the dallas game we have struggled to defend the run.  They also like to run the playaction and are pretty good at running it.   We got beat Hard vs Atlanta at this.

Can easily see why vegas has them favored.  Just a bad matchup for us.

7 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Lets see

We've only beat the worst team in football by the 2nd longest FG in NFL history, lost to the Redskins, and had to have a historic comback last week.

They lost to a good Saints team by the best kicker in the league missing a XP for the first time ever

They have the top defense, we have a slow starting offense that has just gotten us by enough.  

Most of our passes and I mean Most (we didnt attempt a pass over 20 yards until 7 min left in the game this past week) are short passes.  They have the best defense easily in defending short passes.

They like to run the ball, outside of the dallas game we have struggled to defend the run.  They also like to run the playaction very well and we got beat Hard vs Atlanta at this.

FC1D294A-C95C-46F1-8F29-0BE4506FAEF4.gif

Lets see

-We've only beat the Worst Team in football by the 2nd longest FG in NFL History........... lost to the Redskins.........and had to have a Historic comback last week.

-They lost to a good Saints team by the best kicker in the league missing a XP for the first time ever

-They have the Top Defense,  we have a slow starting offense that has just gotten us by enough.  

-Most of our passes and I mean Most are short passes.  They have the best defense easily in defending short passes.    *we didnt attempt a pass over 20 yards until 7 min left in the game this past week

-They like to run the ball,   outside of the dallas game we have struggled to defend the run.  They also like to run the playaction and are pretty good at running it.   We got beat Hard vs Atlanta at this.

At the same time...

We beat the Bengals by 10.  They lost to the Bengals by 11.

I am not sure they really like to run the ball.  And if they do, they don't seem to be very good at it.  We have a top 10 rush defense.  Ravens are 24th in rushing.  If Baltimore came out in a rush heavy attack, I'd be excited.

Ravens have not had a single game with a 100 yard rusher.  Broke 100 yards rushing total against Broncos (31st vs run), Bills (28th), Browns (29th), and Titans (20th).  Did not hit 100 yards against Bengals (28th), Steelers (6th), Saints (1st).  

Baltimore is 31st in yards per carry. Tied for 5th on Rushing Fumbles, and Tied for 3rd on Rushing Fumbles Lost.

Panthers have given up 94 (Cowboys), 170 (Atlanta), 66 (Bengals), 50 (Giants), 132 (Redskins), 58 (Eagles).

I sincerely hope that the rushing attack is what they come out in.

They are not going to score more than 17-20 on us. The question is can we score 21 or more against them. Their offense is not that good. The issue is how good is our offense against them. I hope Norv has dialed up all kind of screens, reverse screens, crossing routes for CMC and Samuel, reverses, etc.

Their linebackers aren't great which should really play to our strengths.

Archived