• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who else is excited about Heinicke?

t96

Not that I think he can be a future starter here or Cam replacement, but just the fact that this is the first time we're seeing a young quarterback start here for the first time since Cam in early 2011. We have no idea what he'll be or what he can do and I'm fascinated to see if he can show some promise to earn a longer term spot as Cam's backup, or insurance in the worst case scenario of Cam sitting out for an extended period like Luck did. We've lucked out with Cam being so steady here and in the few games he's missed it was always DA--a guy we knew exactly what he was who had been in the league nearly a decade. I'm kinda pumped to see a young unknown QB here again, considering that our season is already lost. It's better than seeing Cam out there for no point whether he is healthy or not. Who else?

It’s the one of the things that’ll make me tune in to be honest. It will be nice to see some passing going on as well like we did earlier in the season. I wouldn’t say he’s unknown, yes only 25 but he’s been on 3 or 4 teams already, practice squads and so on, so I think he’s destined to be a QB back up; I’m not expecting much. Not seeing a Brees/Delhomme/Foles/Keenum etc etc event.

Nothing wrong with it though, couple solid prefermances this year and we fill a hole replacing Anderson.

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

I'm not excited but i am happy to see what can happen without Cam. It will answer how much it was cam and how much it,was,the,WRs.

Well he could come in and light it up for 400 yards and 4 TDs Sunday and I don't think it would mean a thing. Can only really compare across a large sample size. We've seen plenty of guys like Kap, Griffin, Foles look like the best QB in the league for a stretch but really just be average or terrible when there's film...

I for one am happy that we may be able to solve our quest for a true QB2 that can back Cam up. It would be nice to not worry about that, especially since he is young and not a journeyman or converted ST/WR athlete that also plays QB. 

I don't have high expectations, but maybe give the kid a true look for a couple of games and give him some confidence rolling into OTAs and TC next year. 

Silver lining - Cam gets to rest. 

Archived