• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Most impressive rookie season?

Sub Zero

KB vs DJ who had the better rookie year in your opinion??  And Which gave you more hope for the future?? Try not to use hindsight  20/20 on this..

Vs

Side question..

Who had the better catch?? 

1. KB catch over Sherman and Earl Thomas..

2. KB one hand grab in Detroit..

3. DJ catch on the comeback stick route vs Lions.

4. DJ catch over Latimore..

My opinion DJ..

He didn't start all season nor was he targeted as much as KB.. KB only lined up as the X WR.. While DJ lineup every where.. KB did get double teamed after a while but that could be because the rest of the WR corp was trash.. KB dropped balls and barely had YAC yards .. DJ was great in both categories.. IF DJ had the opportunities and Target Kelvin had his rookie season.. He would have blew Kelvin numbers out the water.. Maybe not TDS (KB was a TD machine) but all the other numbers wouldn't be close..

Best catch..

KB over Sherman and Earl was beastly..

1 minute ago, Sub Zero said:

KB vs DJ who had the better rookie year in your opinion??  And Which gave you more hope for the future?? Try not to use hindsight  20/20 on this..

Vs

Side question..

Who had the better catch?? 

1. KB catch over Sherman and Earl Thomas..

2. KB one hand grab in Detroit..

3. DJ catch on the comeback stick route vs Lions.

4. DJ catch over Latimore..

My opinion DJ..

He didn't start all season nor was he targeted as much as KB.. KB only lined up as the X WR.. While DJ lineup every where.. KB did get double teamed after a while but that could be because the rest of the WR corp was trash.. KB dropped balls and barely had YAC yards .. DJ was great in both categories.. IF DJ had the opportunities and Target Kelvin had his rookie season.. He would have blew Kelvin numbers out the water.. Maybe not TDS (KB was a TD machine) but all the other numbers wouldn't be close..

Best catch..

KB over Sherman and Earl was beastly..

Id actually give it to KB

You mentioned Moore didnt start all season.  KB started more, but didnt start all 16 games.

Moore didn't get targeted as much, correct 

Also mentioned KBs drops.  While I can raise up that with all of Moore's costly fumbles 

Moore has a better upside and will have a better career.  And also has a better head on his shoulder.

Honestly, KB. But KB also got a lot more opportunities as a rookie. He was our #1 WR from day one.

That catch KB made up and over Sherman and Thomas when they were pretty much the consensus top CB and S in the game was phenomenal. 

KB turned out to he a huge flop, but let's not pretend in hindsight that we weren't all super excited about him as a rookie.

Just after rookie seasons KB easily. I don’t really think it’s close. But that isn’t DJ’s fault.

I thought KB was going to be an easy 1000 yard 10 TD guy for the foreseeable future in our offense.

It’s hard to judge DJ right now because of Cam’s shoulder last year. By the time DJ got his chance Cam’s shoulder was toast. If Cam stays healthy this season DJ has a lot to prove, as does Samuel.

Some really good opinions here.. 

1. I agree with DeX KB did get some garbage time numbers that year..

2. LG is right Many here (including  me)and around the league thought KB was headed to being a top 5 WR in the league after his rookie year..

But the reason I go with DJ is .. I didn't see KB do as much as DJ.. Lineing up at all WR positions running more routes than KB did.. DJ also was a threat with gimmick plays.. KB wasn't.. And basically DJ got open and separation.. KB was always having to make contested catches cause he wasn't getting separation.. Which again nobody thought about until it became a problem with the whole WR corp...

I just think if DJ got the opportunities KB did the numbers wouldn't be close .. Just by sheer versatility..

Not only did Cams shoulder play a factor but Rivera wouldn’t play DJ until Smith and Funchess got hurt or proved worthless. Apparently, Smith and Funchess were better options than the first WR taken In the 2018 draft, despite the eye/logic test. KB got the opportunity right out of the gate, because, well, Rivera didn’t have a choice - the main reason more talent full players get to see the field.

It’s sad really but if DJ we’re out in game 1 and cams shoulder didn’t go flaccid I’d have to say they’d be at least equal.

KB and I swear if he hadn’t torn his ACL year 2 there would be a different narrative on him right now. I remember those preseason games before he tore his knee in year 2 and he looked like he was about to bust out as a superstar. 

DJ is going to be a star if he remains healthy. He’s too freakishly athletic to not be.

3 minutes ago, Lumps said:

Not only did Cams shoulder play a factor but Rivera wouldn’t play DJ until Smith and Funchess got hurt or proved worthless. Apparently, Smith and Funchess were better options than the first WR taken In the 2018 draft, despite the eye/logic test. KB got the opportunity right out of the gate, because, well, Rivera didn’t have a choice - the main reason more talent full players get to see the field.

It’s sad really but if DJ we’re out in game 1 and cams shoulder didn’t go flaccid I’d have to say they’d be at least equal.

1 hour ago, Sub Zero said:

Some really good opinions here.. 

1. I agree with DeX KB did get some garbage time numbers that year..

2. LG is right Many here (including  me)and around the league thought KB was headed to being a top 5 WR in the league after his rookie year..

But the reason I go with DJ is .. I didn't see KB do as much as DJ.. Lineing up at all WR positions running more routes than KB did.. DJ also was a threat with gimmick plays.. KB wasn't.. And basically DJ got open and separation.. KB was always having to make contested catches cause he wasn't getting separation.. Which again nobody thought about until it became a problem with the whole WR corp...

I just think if DJ got the opportunities KB did the numbers wouldn't be close .. Just by sheer versatility..

Hmmm it’s almost as if these two points could be related to one another somehow :thinking:

KB's ligament tear in training camp just invalidates everything. He was never the same after that and we were all swooning with the promise he embodied back then. Injuries like that aren't just physical and I think it took a lot of his competitiveness away and made him more contact averse.

KB was a good guy, then he came back and wasn't the same. Folks treated him like crap, especially in the fanbase, and he got pretty salty, especially after the trade. 

I hope Moore's trajectory goes differently and he can avoid a major injury. If it happens, I hope we can treat him with more respect, especially while he's still wearing the Carolina blue and black.

I prefer Moore over Benjamin as a lead receiver, but I had hoped for KB to turn into Moose Pt. 2, but alas, injuries.

Archived