• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dave Gettleman on Dave Gettleman

ellis

6 hours ago, TheRed said:

What I don't understand is how 38 year old Eli Manning remains teflon in that organization throughout all this.

Compare that to how our fanbase is treating 29 year old Cam Newton.

Generally as Teflon too. Why are you comparing one organizations team to anothers fanbase?

4 hours ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

I think he has sunk the giants for a while barring a spectacular draft, which he wasn’t known for , time will tell but we’ve seen this song and dance before, owner not even backing him on the Odell trade, it’s looking bleak 

poopy shorts strikes again.... hes really mouthy for not doing much...riding Cam to glory like others.

7 hours ago, Toomers said:

Boy you really do turn into complete douche-bag when someone proves you completely ignorant on a subject. Maybe you should have stayed in that thread and made your case instead of taking shots in random threads because your pride is hurt. 

And considering you were claiming Gettleman left an “escape with zero dead money” and I was defending what Hurney did, what exactly was your point here? Or explain your original BS statement? Or just continue taking shots and I’ll stand by what you said(and didn’t say). 

Lmao, an escape? Kalil had 11m guaranteed last season no matter what. Couldn't afford to keep him at 11m last season so the option bonus was used. In addition he still had bonus money from his original signing bonus left. Does someone really believe the Panthers had an out with no dead money? Lmao

8 hours ago, Michaelinraleigh said:

Well to be fair while Eli has regressed he does have two super bowl wins.

That buys lots of patience. I didn't give the hurricanes grief about missing the playoffs for 10 years because they at least have a cup.

Two super bowl wins that the Giants defense carried them to.  In our two sb losses, we scored a total of 39 points.  In the Giants two wins over the Patriots, they scored 38 points.  The reality is that while Manning played fairly well in those games, he did little to deserve a MVP.  Just so happened that there was no one defensive player who stood out as the Giants whole defense played well together.  

10 hours ago, TheRed said:

What I don't understand is how 38 year old Eli Manning remains teflon in that organization throughout all this.

Compare that to how our fanbase is treating 29 year old Cam Newton.

They've got 2 Superbowl rings with him, both times beating the Patriots. That buys a lot of good will. 

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

They've got 2 Superbowl rings with him, both times beating the Patriots. That buys a lot of good will. 

Obviously that. But his last name, and loyalty from the Mara family are also crucial factors.

But it doesn't always happen that way with patience for playoff droughts. Look at how casually the Ravens just put Joe Flacco's poo out on the curb like he was yesterday's news.

22 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Obviously that. But his last name, and loyalty from the Mara family are also crucial factors.

But it doesn't always happen that way with patience for playoff droughts. Look at how casually the Ravens just put Joe Flacco's poo out on the curb like he was yesterday's news.

Probably the way it should be and maybe a bit overdue as far as flacco is concerned, but I think you hit the nail on the head. Eli, for whatever reason, is an icon there because of what he did years ago, not because of what he does now. 

Whether you are a coach, player, or GM, what you do now is more important than what you did in the past. Trouble is, fans and organizations get too caught up in the past and are too reluctant to move on because it's hard to let go if what was and what could have been if age and/or injuries hadn't had an effect. Reality is a scary thing.

12 hours ago, rayzor said:

Well that post made 0 sense anyway.

Dude compared fans to the organization of another team... "how can that ORGANIZATION make that QB teflon"  - "but the FANS over here are like XXX to our QB".

Fans don't make organizational decisions lol...that's why it's always funny to me.

21 hours ago, TheRed said:

Rings can make a difference no doubt. But the last time the Giants made any kind of deep playoff push was what, 7 years ago?

You think this fanbase would sit by if we were in that scenario while Cam was the QB, and we had just jettisoned one of the most productive wide receivers in the NFL in his prime while our QB remains one of the highest paid in the league?

Eli Manning has been protected by his last name more than anything let's just be honest. That began from the word go before he was even drafted when he made it clear to the Chargers not to draft him. You think Cam, who was absolutely skewered for his innocuous icon and entertainer comments, would get the same pass if he had made demands like that on draft day?

Damn right we would. Most of us would trade 10 losing seasons in a row for just 1 Superbowl, much less 2.

Archived