• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Grier is settling in nicely

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

It was not preordained anything. Not sure if you remember that time period very well. 

I remember it exactly! Cam was drafted, and pretty much everybody with any knowledge of the situation knew he was going to be the starter game one.  They just wanted to give him time to adjust as well as have him earn the position rather than just handing it to him. 

1 hour ago, Woodie said:

I remember it exactly! Cam was drafted, and pretty much everybody with any knowledge of the situation knew he was going to be the starter game one.  They just wanted to give him time to adjust as well as have him earn the position rather than just handing it to him. 

What I remember was that the issue wasn't Cam starting, it was whether we were going to play football at all. With no off-season and only a truncated training camp it was unclear if Cam could be ready given some pundits thought it might take 2 years for him to become a starter and manage the position. Conversely given that Clausen was epically awful and lead us to a 2-14 mark what did we have to lose if we threw Cam in there. We knew what we had with Clausen and Cam was the number 1 player taken. We could have had anyone and we took Cam. Of course he was going to start. The question was only how soon.

10 hours ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

Grier’s accuracy in short quick routes is supposed to be his strength.  He puts the ball where the receiver is in perfect position to keep running.  

I hope this continues. Would be great if we had a quality backup with trade potential in the future.  

It’s very early into his season so I’m not going to jump as far out there as I have before but If needed to I believe he can start by week six. Based off my expectations of this defense all he’s going to have to do is be a game manager. Not saying over Cam in anyway but if his arm falls apart again or someone on our schedule gets a hit stick type of hit like TJ Watt did. Things are setting up for Will to easily drive this train I’ve said it before just my opinion it’s the reason you have depth on your team but Im encouraged about ours. And working with Norv from the start of his career he could atleast equal out to Kirk cousin who I’d say is a average nfl starter give him a nasty defense and a strong run game, you could be in the playoffs with a chance to win the Lombardi. Before I get kicked I’m assuming a top 4 running game and top five five defense. 

9 minutes ago, trucpfan said:

It’s very early into his season so I’m not going to jump as far out there as I have before but If needed to I believe he can start by week six. Based off my expectations of this defense all he’s going to have to do is be a game manager. Not saying over Cam in anyway but if his arm falls apart again or someone on our schedule gets a hit stick type of hit like TJ Watt did. Things are setting up for Will to easily drive this train I’ve said it before just my opinion it’s the reason you have depth on your team but Im encouraged about ours. And working with Norv from the start of his career he could atleast equal out to Kirk cousin who I’d say is a average nfl starter give him a nasty defense and a strong run game, you could be in the playoffs with a chance to win the Lombardi. Before I get kicked I’m assuming a top 4 running game and top five five defense. 

giphy.gif

It wouldn't take much for Grier to be in the top 3 of any QB ever drafted by the Panthers.  Other than Newton, Clausen (yuck), and Collins, he is the highest drafted QB in team history (which surprised me).  Unless he becomes a franchise QB he won't eclipse Newton, but even though Collins had a successful NFL career it wasn't here, and if he sees the field at all he'll undoutably pass Clausen.

11 hours ago, mc52beast said:

Better watch out Cam... first time you make a bad read or hold the ball too long and get sacked or throw an errant pass or an interception the Huddle will demand that Grier take your spot

Member Matt Moore. I member

Archived