• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are the Panthers NFC South Favorites?

Seltzer

I wouldn’t say this team doesn’t have any weakness. FS is a huge question mark right , will Shaq be a serviceable replacement for TD, do Williams and Paradis come back from their injuries, what about LT and backup rb.

And there’s no way I’m saying we’re favorites not knowing how Cam will play.

Brees has started to show some wear and that is likely to be more profound this year, but we also don't know how Cam will be and we don't know if this defense will come together as quickly as we hope. Too many wildcards. But, if those 2 questions for us go in a positive direction, we have a great shot to reclaim our place atop the division. 

The division is the Saints to lose.  Falcons appear to be healthy, and so do we.  We improved more than either in the off season, but until proven on the field, the Saints are all in and should be considered the favorites.

Anything less than South title would be a  major embarrassment for them, despite how good the Panthers and Falcons are.  Gonna be a good fight.  

We’ve won 6 out of our last 18 division games with one of those being a meaningless game against the saints in the last week last year. 

For comparison: here are the divisional records from the rest of the south since our super bowl season of 2015. 

Bucs:  7 wins 11 losses

Saints:  10 wins 8 losses

Falcons:  13 wins 5 losses

in all honesty, we should be picked dead last this year based on the Bucs finally having a competent coaching staff. This division has owned Rivera and company since 2015. 

6 hours ago, Khaki Lackey said:

Has history been re-written about the Pittsburgh game? If my memory serves me correctly, Cam didn't get injured in the Pittsburgh game. He was already injured and the Steelers just exposed the fact that he couldn't throw the ball more than 10 yards and gave the rest of the league the blueprint on how to beat the Panthers. Am I wrong?

Image result for cam newton shoulder hit

This is what most people think was the final straw. Only Cam and his Dr's know, but it sure didn't help him any.

Archived