• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Butler Chicago Breakdown

RoaringRiot

3 minutes ago, My Goodness My Guinness said:

The way people were talking, I was expecting to see Butler face down in the dirt every snap. Eh, like someone else mentioned, seems like he's been asked to play against his strengths out of necessity. Would be interesting if he could lose like 20 lbs and get some looks at 3-4 DE more. 

Face down in the dirt is actually better than his current method of turning his back to the OL and being washed multiple gaps away from the gap he’s responsible for. I’m still curious what these “strengths” are. 

Thanks @RoaringRiot

Heres my deal- In these breakdowns what gets overlooked, whom his competition is. Bunch of backups and he did not stand out and has not in the last 3 full years. If you changed his number and name, he looks like a third stringer that was drafted in the Seventh round. At this stage it doesnt matter much if hes on the 53 or cut(Tho i hope panthers find a better player). Just disappointing cause he truly has the best physical tool kit on the panthers and its year 3(i judge starting year 2). He hasnt got better and is a iffy inactive each game-day. 

Most fans, will always consider him a bust because where he was draft. Or they bring up love as an example of an undrafted playing playing better. 

At this point, I really don't care where he was drafted.  It's a moot point. Especially if you look at the draft as just another means of acquiring talent.  

He's on the team, he's not costing us much, and he is a part of a rotation that gives us one of the best defensive lines in the league. 

Eventually the team will move on, and the fans will find somebody else to complain about. 

Year after year, it never changes. 

3 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

Most fans, will always consider him a bust because where he was draft. Or they bring up love as an example of an undrafted playing playing better. 

At this point, I really don't care where he was drafted.  It's a moot point. Especially if you look at the draft as just another means of acquiring talent.  

He's on the team, he's not costing us much, and he is a part of a rotation that gives us one of the best defensive lines in the league. 

Eventually the team will move on, and the fans will find somebody else to complain about. 

Year after year, it never changes. 

Very good take.  If he were a 4th or 5th rounder there would likely be no real discussion.  Hind sight is a bitch but sunk cost is sunk cost.   He’s on the roster and we are better off keeping him than letting him go at this point in time.  

Archived