• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I Don't Recognize This Cam Newton

beastson

I don't like this very slimmed down vegan player in front of us

Cam like most vegans convince themselves into thinking they're better. Yeah you are, AWAY from football. You're playing with monsters aiming for your head, literally. This man done dropped down to 230 from 265 over the last 2 years. The size, which was once an advantage, is now a disadvantage. 

Let's be honest

Cam don't move as well as he used to. He look slow and very low on energy. You all ask for him to run, he can't like he used to. You'll say he's injured... yeah cause he get injured just from being tripped up now. He could take the hits, but he can't anymore. You couldn't knock the ball out of his hands once upon a time, but its a good chance you can now.

I personally believe the throws and accuracy will get better as the season go along, my main concern is will he even last a whole season.

The Cam we knew is definitely gone. This is a new Cam.

With his level of care and that I assume he has or works with a nutritionist, I dont really care. All that can be accounted for with money. His slim is still large, just not 265 large. 

Cam has taken years of beatings. It's still week two. If it comes to the worst possible outcome for Cam, I dont see his veganism being in the top 5 reasons Cam isn't Cam anymore.

agreed, and I'm not an expert in the field of nutrition, but aren't meat and eggs the only sources of protein that have all 9 essential amino acids? 

Protein from beans, lentils, nuts, seeds, etc lack essential amino acids needed for protein synthesis, which actually hinders muscle recovery and growth, not help as Cam has suggested.

this whole holistic vegan approach is commendable for sure, but not when you're competition is literally consuming 2lbs of steak and 6 eggs daily

When talking about his lifestyle change you have to consider what he went through for most of his career hits wise and the risks he took with his body that likely led to him making a change. Prime Cam sacrificed himself a lot to score points. He refused to be stopped. But at the end of the day he's still human.

The 2017 season which is somewhat taken for granted honestly I think took a toll on him physically more than anyone really considers. He was the leading rusher on the season. He was our offense. But now he's 30. All that has taken a toll. The inevitable is on the horizon sooner or later. But that doesn't mean you have to kick him in the ass on the way out.

His diet ain’t the problem.  I know several vegans in the gym I go to that run marathons and lift weights with the best of them.  I think it’s a combination of things, injury and mental, and I really feel the injuries have affected him mentally to the point he is depressed.  

Archived