• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Imagine If Kyle Allen is Lights Out on Sunday. But Cam is Ready for Week 4.

App Panther

Play the hot hand, give Cam time to heal for once in his career.

We keep finding reasons to excuse Cam---and it is not personal---but if we are blaming the symptoms and not the central problem, then it is possible that we are not living in reality.

For example, if Cam is banged up--like a used car---there will always be something wrong.  He was taken off road and four wheeling a lot-more than most Mercedes Benz sedans have been.  He was pushed even though the "service engine soon" light was on.  He is dented and dinged, with a few spots that have been sanded and repainted.  Sure, he looks pretty good, but is he?   How long until he blows a motor?

Just a thought---but he has been through enough "rub some dirt on it."  He has taken a beating--that gets to you mentally.  When I see Cam not screaming for the ball at the 1 yard line, I worry that this is more than a foot injury,  The head coach does not pull you in for a long talk over a re-injured foot.

If Ron allows Allen to REALLY play. . .if the defense doesn't have to win the game. . .if CMC is not the bulk of the offense. . .if Allen plays mistake free quarterbacking and spreads the ball around to multiple players for multiple completions and multiple TD's. . .

. . .then you go with the hot hand.

(What if the Oline shows up and shows out?  Did they get good all of the sudden?  Did Allen inspire them?  Or did they really just didn't have the warm and fuzzies for Cam and had no desire to protect him? Hmmm.)

I

8 minutes ago, panfanman said:

If Ron allows Allen to REALLY play. . .if the defense doesn't have to win the game. . .if CMC is not the bulk of the offense. . .if Allen plays mistake free quarterbacking and spreads the ball around to multiple players for multiple completions and multiple TD's. . .

. . .then you go with the hot hand.

(What if the Oline shows up and shows out?  Did they get good all of the sudden?  Did Allen inspire them?  Or did they really just didn't have the warm and fuzzies for Cam and had no desire to protect him? Hmmm.)

The suggestion here is something that has entered my mind. I saw Cam stare at Williams a time or two; but I sense the tension is between Cam and Coach. If there is a rift between Ron and Cam--If Cam realizes that he has been abused by daddy--there should be conflict.  If there is conflict, it could be a bad thing for RR.  Just speculation, but it is really starting to smell like there is more here than meets the eye (or nose).

I am reading and listening to the very strident and loud crowd denigrating Hurney/Rivera and I guess by extension Turner since I think he has been given the offense lock stock and barrel. That's fun, yeah.

I saw Allen in preseason and I also have seen Cam. I don't know if I have a feeling for real or if just wanting him to turn down all this noise so bad it is the source for my expectation... which is that Allen might justify his place on the team.

Of course, Williams could repeat his act and the rest of the OL could continue to be made to look horrible, Allen could fold and give the ball away multiple times but it would be hard to be worse than what we have seen this year. Fingers crossed.

If you are not hoping for him to do well, I question your fan card.

Archived