• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For those who want to tank for Trevor Lawrence?

Real1zOnly

This is the longest Cam has ever gone without taking a hit. Why is it so difficult to imagine that he'll be healthy now? The man has played injured most of his career and took the bad publicity that comes with not performing at your best. No one cares if you're injured. If you're on the field then you're expected to perform. 

So he decides to sit. He's honest about his injuries and decides to finally get healthy for himself and the team. Because he also doesn't like mediocrity, and he's matured in that area. But all we can do is complain and point out all the negatives while completely ignoring all the positives he brings to the table. He knows what he can do at 100%. We know what he can do at 100%. And now he has weapons to boot. Get the man a decent oline and he'll will this team to a deep playoff run. 

5 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

This is the longest Cam has ever gone without taking a hit. Why is it so difficult to imagine that he'll be healthy now? The man has played injured most of his career and took the bad publicity that comes with not performing at your best. No one cares if you're injured. If you're on the field then you're expected to perform. 

So he decides to sit. He's honest about his injuries and decides to finally get healthy for himself and the team. Because he also doesn't like mediocrity, and he's matured in that area. But all we can do is complain and point out all the negatives while completely ignoring all the positives he brings to the table. He knows what he can do at 100%. We know what he can do at 100%. And now he has weapons to boot. Get the man a decent oline and he'll will this team to a deep playoff run. 

Yeah, I've seen enough dramatic turnarounds that I'm not ready to write off next season. Improving the trenches on both sides of the ball and getting Cam back could make a world of difference. The 49ers were 4-12 last year and just played in this year's SB.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Hopefully better players. Hanging onto terrible for fear of being worse is quite possibly the worst roster building idea I've ever encountered.

You read my post wrong. I have no interest in resigning those guys but if we don’t fill in with top FAs, I can’t see how we’ll be better. I’ll take the comp picks for Bradberry, Butler, Boston, McCoy, etc. but those are 2021 picks. We’ve talked about picking OL in the draft and lots of other holes. We can’t fix it all so we’ll suck. That said I wanted to move on from Ron (and Marty) because it wasn’t going anywhere. I’m happy to risk a new coach just to take a chance at getting better. I’m happy to go into a rebuild because it has worked for us twice and I think a rookie QB with the cap savings and great draft pick slots the next couple years is our best shot. We’ve got some weapons (CMC and Moore) like KC had Kelce and Hill before Mahomes so I think we’ve got a base and a chance to bring in a lot of good picks.

Just now, 4Corners said:

Rather tank for Sam Howell. He is going to be a superstar in the NFL. Put Lawrence on Boston College and let’s see how much of a pro prospect he would be. 

Lol. Lawrence was one of the highest ranked HS QBs to come out in a while. He and Fields were huge recruits. One bad game 3 months after he turned 20 against a great LSU team and we get poo ass hot takes like this. Howell is a solid prospect as well, but he wasn’t anywhere near the recruit that Lawrence and Fields were. Your just a blind homer. 

3 hours ago, Real1zOnly said:

How do you tank for Trevor Lawrence if we are bringing back Cam Newton?

Surely Rhule/Marty know this. This is why im not buying Cam Newton coming back. They want a rebuild and preferably with a young QB. They can't rebuild with a 31 year old Cam Newton who may be broken physically. If the goal is to get a top QB next year that wont happen with Cam Newton as starter. Cam will not allow us to be the worst team in the NFL, it's not in his DNA.

Just keep that in mind for those who think keeping Cam and tanking for Lawrence is possible.

The problem with tanking.....especially after these last two seasons is it will lose A LOT of fans.  There is NO guarantee that Trevor Lawrence walks up in here and takes us to a SB within 3 years of being here.

I'd prefer to be competitive now if we can be (without mortaging the future) then to tank for hypothetical situations.  We don't need Lawrence to be good.  We got to the SB with Delhomme as well.  I think if Cam is healthy, then we should try to win some games.  If he's healthy he's the best athlete at the position in history.  There's no guarantee that a Lawrence is going to walk in and out perform a healthy Cam.

Also Rhule having a good year one will be a big deal to attracting FA's in the future.

45 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Who replaces them?

Pretty simple.

Vet minimum, or close, while playing a lot of rookies.  There will be 90 players on this roster come training camp, no matter the skill level (which will be very low at some very important positions).

Archived