• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Lions GM Willing to Trade Out of #3 Overall Pick

Mr Mojo Risin

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001102739/article/lions-gm-were-open-to-any-trades-with-no-3-pick

I'm sure Hurney will want to jump all over this. I hope we stay at 7. Any of you know how much we'd have to give up to move up 4 spots? Doesn't really make sense for a team like us to give up future draft capital during a rebuild does it? Unless we're sold on Tua but I still dont think itd be worth it. What do you guys think?

4 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001102739/article/lions-gm-were-open-to-any-trades-with-no-3-pick

I'm sure Hurney will want to jump all over this. I hope we stay at 7. Any of you know how much we'd have to give up to move up 4 spots? Doesn't really make sense for a team like us to give up future draft capital during a rebuild does it? Unless we're sold on Tua but I still dont think itd be worth it. What do you guys think?

By the trade chart it would cost our first, second and third rounders this year.

They may want more than that but who knows.

Miami could give up 5 and their second to get there.

44 minutes ago, Shocker said:

By the trade chart it would cost our first, second and third rounders this year.

They may want more than that but who knows.

Miami could give up 5 and their second to get there.

Considering Hurney's draft history after the 1st, this wouldn't be a bad idea.

13 minutes ago, MMA said:

We’d be dumb not to trade up for Tua at 3. Tua could actually be a better fit for Rhule and Brady than Burrow. 

To pepper in some nonsense:

Who was the first coach brought in after Tepper took over? Jake Peetz.  Alabama's offensive analyst twice over.  Reports were that he worked with Nick to implement RPOs that highlighted Tua's skill set.

Maybe we've been targeted Tua all along. Muaahahahaha

And edit/add: He was also one of the only to remain through the staff transition.  Maybe this is all why Hurney is still here.  His hand is being forced to draft Tua and the new staff will be targeting the mid/late rounders.  He's basically demoted as is and will be the fall if it doesn't work out. 

Archived