• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

SC had a couple of days with higher than normal number of deaths.   Yesterday it went back to the prior levels.  That is the one statistic I am keeping a keen eye on.  We all know it's highly contagious, but how lethal is it really?   Another statistic that has slowly inched down is the percentage of deaths in younger people.  It was extremely low to begin with, but seemingly all deaths now are almost exclusively in older folks and the elderly.  

So in SC if you are 50 and younger, you have a 99% survival rate.   The median age of death is 76 years-old.  Positive tests are at 40% for the over 60 demographic, however, they make up 88% up all deaths.

Breaking it down even further, if you take the median death age of 76-years old and look at the 70+ demographic, they comprise a mere 13% of positive tests, but are 67% of all deaths (2/3).   

In short, folks need to be careful and if you are elderly, literally like your life depends on it.  

Edited by 45catfan

55 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

yeah no. That’s not what you said. You literally just “both sides” in an attempt to compare the two situations which is the reason for my response.

It is never incredibly idiotic to protest what they are protesting regardless of the situation. People are risking their lives for this knowing full well what is at stake. If you don’t see how urgent this is then I don’t know what to tell you. The only way to bring about change is to protest and riot. All other options have been exhausted. And guess what? It’s working. 

They also have free testing sites in major cities specifically for protestors. And orgs like BLM are insisting on people getting tested and staying away from vulnerable family/friends.

I know some of you like Dave Chappelle. Watch this:

Gathering in masses right now is stupid. Sorry that hurts you right in the feels, but a virus doesn't care about your feels nor your motivation to gather.

• Beer 1

the protests happened at the perfect time for the youth.

no school, cooped up for months, full of angst and rebelliousness, free money, etc...

there are a lot of people out there for the right reasons, but there's way too many kids out there that  are just bored af and don't wanna be home.

looks better on their story too.

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Gathering in masses right now is stupid. Sorry that hurts you right in the feels, but a virus doesn't care about your feels nor your motivation to gather.

And police don’t care about feelings when brutalizing and murdering black and brown people with impunity. This issue just doesn’t affect you so this is the take you have. Guaranteed if it did you would be marching too. 

Edited by TheRumGone

7 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Are you watching Office Space right now? Because you definitely your Jump to Conclusions mat out.

It might blow your mind, but you can actually support the cause of the protests while also realizing that gathering in masses right now is incredibly idiotic.

Meanwhile, I sold a home. I'm not buying another one right now because the economic poo storm hasn't even happened yet.

The problem is out here the people have been lied to about covid numbers, testing has been flat out denied, and people haven't gotten sick in the numbers we were told to expect despite it being pretty much a shoulder to shoulder convention in Walmart, home depot, lowes and grocery stores. It's basically been the flu with the destruction of small businesses in mass. People have gotten wind that politicians never waste a good crisis and they are over the bullshit with this one.

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

And police don’t care about feelings when brutalizing and murdering black and brown people with impunity. This issue just doesn’t affect you so this is the take you have. Guaranteed if it did you would be marching too. 

I've had guns pulled on me twice in my life. Both to by cops. fug 'em. I have zero use for them.

Gathering I masses right now is still stupid and reckless.

9 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

I didn’t know black and brown people being murdered by cops in broad daylight was political. Maybe if this country actually fuging did something about police brutality leftists wouldn’t have to take to the streets during a fuging pandemic. Comparing one side who refuses to wear masks and protests because they can’t get a haircut to the left protesting police brutality after another black dude was murdered is really fuging stupid.

meanwhile you’re in this thread bragging  to a bunch of strangers on the internet about being able to buy a half a million dollar home during a pandemic when 40 million people are out of work.

It’s a humanitarian issue sure but it involves police therefore it is political, just like every other human rights protests in history that geared toward politics.  

Why do you think protestors are targeting political buildings and people? Because changing the way a government entity works and reform is politics. And law enforcement is government and reform of that government entity is going to involve politics, a lot of them.

The single most important thing that will support a reform (that is actually going to work) after a government has acknowledged the need for change is money. And here’s is a hint...all that money isn’t going to come from protestors. It’s taxes. Thus politics.

Edited by onmyown

22 minutes ago, onmyown said:

It’s a humanitarian issue sure but it involves police therefore it is political, just like every other human rights protests in history that geared toward politics.  

Why do you think protestors are targeting political buildings and people? Because changing the way a government entity works and reform is politics. And law enforcement is government and reform of that government entity is going to involve politics, a lot of them.

The single most important thing that will support a reform (that is actually going to work) after a government has acknowledged the need for change is money. And here’s is a hint...all that money isn’t going to come from protestors. It’s taxes. Thus politics.

And it shouldn’t be that way but here we are which was in part the point I was making. If we’ve built a society where we “politically” have to stop the state from murdering people with a darker skin tone then what the fug are we doing. We’re lucky black people are just wanting equality and not revenge. People need to wake up and think about if this was happening to them and their families what they would do. They would absolutely be rioting and protesting regardless of a pandemic.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

The problem is out here the people have been lied to about covid numbers, testing has been flat out denied, and people haven't gotten sick in the numbers we were told to expect despite it being pretty much a shoulder to shoulder convention in Walmart, home depot, lowes and grocery stores. It's basically been the flu with the destruction of small businesses in mass. People have gotten wind that politicians never waste a good crisis and they are over the bullshit with this one.

It's just the flu folks.

I can not believe four months into this global pandemic that has killed hundreds of thousands of people and has impacted the USA in numerous ways; there are still virus-truthers crying about it not being a big deal and not giving a poo about protecting ourselves and family. Even with scientific data and expert testimonials about how serious this virus is, people are more concerned about getting haircuts and not being forced to wear a mask because it’s communist. American people are the dumbest, most entitled, biggest pussies on earth. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 2