• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Xavier Rhodes cut?

Real1zOnly

Xavier Rhodes was just cut by the Vikings. Still in his prime, and he was just a pro bowl DB last year. Could be a cheaper replacement option for Bradberry. Rhodes is another tall physical DB who loves to press and play man to man. He wasn't the same player since the Vikings used him as a zone DB.

Is Rhodes worth the look?

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Wow. That's unexpected.

Yeah I was shocked when I saw the news. Vikings fans say he is still elite they just playing him in the wrong defense. He's not good in a zone defense. Put him back in man and he will be elite again.

Either way he will cost to sign, just not as much as Bradberry. I rather have Rhodes at 10mil than Bradberry at 15.

I am kind of sick of zone CBs. Probably due to the soft zone we have played for years but I just would like to see more man from CBs.

No idea if he has issues or whatnot but seems like he could be worth a look. If he is what he was, probibly get a crazy contract taking us out of the running. 

if you guys think donte is bad you're in for a whole world of pain if we sign rhodes lol, dude was a total liability idk how he made the probowl but we said the same thing about trai turner

His decline began to rear its head in 2018, but this past season, it reached full-fledged free fall. 87 different cornerbacks saw 50 targets into their coverage in 2019, and none of them allowed a higher completion rate into their coverage than Rhodes did. His 84.3% completion rate allowed was the worst of that bunch by over 4%. Rhodes was never as dominant as the league-wide reputation that he commanded, but he regressed significantly to borderline unplayable this season.

1 hour ago, beo said:

if you guys think donte is bad you're in for a whole world of pain if we sign rhodes lol, dude was a total liability idk how he made the probowl but we said the same thing about trai turner

His decline began to rear its head in 2018, but this past season, it reached full-fledged free fall. 87 different cornerbacks saw 50 targets into their coverage in 2019, and none of them allowed a higher completion rate into their coverage than Rhodes did. His 84.3% completion rate allowed was the worst of that bunch by over 4%. Rhodes was never as dominant as the league-wide reputation that he commanded, but he regressed significantly to borderline unplayable this season.

Holy poo! 84.3% completion rate? LOL!

I could manage that... as long as I could cover Devin Funchess. He'd drop 16% of those wide ass open passes.

Archived