• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CB Bradberry to NY Giants

ncstatekwi

49 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

Bye bitch. Go suck on Gettlemans balls. He isn't worth even 10 mil, good riddance.

I agree.  Gettlemen drafted him, so he thinks a ZONE CB is worth that--and there could be some pride involved.

I mean he’s now the second highest paid CB in the league and isn’t even top 5, arguably top 10...

At the same time it kind of makes you think what we are doing ‘building through the draft’ but only signing players we drafted if they’re the right price? I dk

Bill Barnwell 

James Bradberry, CB, New York Giants

The deal: Three years, $45 million
Grade: C+

The Giants badly needed help at cornerback after moving on from Eli Apple and Janoris Jenkins in consecutive seasons. The idea of going into 2020 with struggling second-year corner DeAndre Baker as their No. 1 option must have terrified general manager Dave Gettleman, so it's no surprise that he went into the free-agent market for a player he drafted when Carolina's depth chart at corner was looking bare in the spring of 2016.

Panthers fans never seemed to warm to Bradberry as a star. In part, that was because of how he arrived in the league, given that he was drafted to replace Josh Norman after Gettleman released Carolina's then-star corner from his franchise tag. Bradberry was typically solid but rarely made huge plays; he had eight interceptions in four seasons, and they generated a mere 38 return yards in the process. In a division in which the Panthers were stuck facing Michael Thomas, Julio Jones and Mike Evans six times per year, Bradberry was good enough to hold his own but not good enough to routinely shadow or shut the best receivers in football down altogether. (To be clear: That's an unrealistic expectation.)

Highly overrated by this fanbase. The guy wasn't mediocre to bad at times, and for a few games where he played well it wasn't enough.

I'm not going to miss him dropping interceptions that hit him in the chest.

Bet he plays like absolute trash in NY, especially if the Giants run anything that isn't zone.

I think the G-men overpaid, and I said $15M/year was too much when he said that is what he wanted.  I don't think it was outlandish, but still too much, especially given the fact we have a lot of people to pay and not an endless amount of cap to do it. 

The $32M guaranteed is on another level of too much, though.

I'm glad he got what he was looking for.  It's not like he is the north end of a southbound horse.  I'm equally glad it was not us handing it over.  But, I wish him the best and I hope it works out for him. 

Archived