• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I am the only one excited about Teddy B's potential?

Jaxel

Bridgewater is a career 65% completion with experience in the offense we will run. He's played well recently and accepted a contract that is flexible for our team. Cam would likely be here if he didn't want a longer contract. We all thought Cams contract for his final year was a deal. Now we have someone at that price (and less) for several more years and flexibility.

I actually like the pick up can't wait to see Teddy play in this offense. The team had to go in a different direction because what we had didn't deliver it's just the truth. For as electrifying Cam was he still didn't work on his mechanics even when he was healthy. I watched many games where the ball sailed 13ft or higher over the receivers head. Cam was great but flawed also, I wish him the best but I'm a bigger fan to the Panthers...Keep Pounding!!!

2 hours ago, Pantha-kun said:

Everyone's saying the same thing and there's anc extemely low chance this happens. Wed have to have a 2-3 win season AND Lawrence could have to declare for the draft , remember how luck went back to school when many panther fans were expecting to draft him for the longest time ??

I don't know how many wins the Panthers will get but if you don't believe Lawrence is coming out next year, I have a seafront property to sell you in Idaho. The only thing Andrew Luck proved is why you should come out even earlier. These players now understand they don't have much time to play the game and to strike while the iron is hot. Luck took a gamble and was able to stay  healthy but still wound up in a shitty situation.  The only guys who stay in school now are the few trying to improve their draft stock.

It is certainly bittersweet with Cam moving on, but I am looking forward to seeing the new QBs and the offense under Brady. I think most everyone knows this "process" is going to take a few years, so it is probably more of a long range optimism for most (like me). 

I'm very excited about Teddy here. IMO, he was the best QB on the FA market not named Brady.

He has 3 very solid WR weapons, and the best RB in the league. If Joe Brady's offense can translate as well as we hope, there's no reason to think that Robby and DJ can't both hit 1000 yards. I also think CMC and Thomas as check downs will benefit well. Low key sleeper at WR is also Kirkwood much the way those New Orleans receiver depth is like 4-5 deep.

It's the defense that will kill us. We are essentially going to have to outscore every team, but I think Teddy is more than an Alex Smith/game manager. 

Archived