• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Names going to Division Rivals that will Tick you off the most?

RenoCarolina

Just reading some scenario's about who our rivals think will fall to them or who they could move up and pick off had me thinking.

For example, one article had the falcons moving up in front of us to draft Okudah or Simmons.  Another had Brown dropping to 16  (although I think that was prickso so it doesn't really count).  Another had OT's Wirf or Wills falling to the bucs at 14.

A lot of guys on here follow the draft a lot more closely than I do.

What names being drafted by our division rivals tonight and rest of weekend will tick you off the most?  Personally I love Simmons and his fit as a pro player.  If the falcons move ahead of us to take him I will be ticked.

falcons target simmons

Atlanta has a bad habit of building top-heavy rosters and losing because they lack depth. I'm hoping they trade up--even if they get someone we think will be a stud now, they'll just be digging themselves even deeper into a future hole. 

That said, the idea of a division rival getting Simmons to use as a box safety against McCaffrey makes me want to throw things.

11 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

Jordan Love to the Saints.  ugh seems like he could be the Patrick Mahomes of this draft.

He has upside but he has a long road of learning in the NFL before he’s anywhere near ready to start, let alone play like Mahomes... I do like him though and the Aints would give him a good shot to learn before Brees hangs them up and with an offensive genius in Payton, so I agree I do not want the Aints to get him and his upside.

3 minutes ago, theinstrumental said:

Atlanta has a bad habit of building top-heavy rosters and losing because they lack depth. I'm hoping they trade up--even if they get someone we think will be a stud now, they'll just be digging themselves even deeper into a future hole. 

That said, the idea of a division rival getting Simmons to use as a box safety against McCaffrey makes me want to throw things.

I don’t care how good Simmons is, he’s not keeping up with CMC. Some very good players got jumped out of body by him 

Falcons have a lot of the same needs as we do on defense. Brace yourself for them to get two or three players we would've loved to have.

I worry about the Saints landing Love or Hurts, or another fugging receiver.

Also worry about the Buc's getting a top receiver.

Archived