• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We have a QB right now, can we stop acting like he doesn't exist?

Carolina Cajun

11 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Teddy was the QB I hoped we faced. He didn’t scare me like the Seahawks did. If we had of played them we would have blown the Vikings out. 

Mimnesota defense actually worried me more than Seattle's who although were still good were more living off reputation at that point. 

Russell of course was the better of the two Qbs, Teddy was just in his 2nd season. Wilson has gone on to become arguably the best quarterback in football. A 3rd Rd insurance pick by Seattle who had just sign Matt Flynn to a mega deal.

Proof you dont need to tank for #1 hot shot pick to win Super Bowls. Luck and RG3 were all the rave of NFL pundits but in the end Russell will have a better career than both those guys selected in front of him. 

4 minutes ago, Carolina Cajun said:

I disagree with that, I think he's on Par with Jimmy Garrapolo and Kirk Cousins.  Both have decent pieces around them, but not swallowed by pro bowl talent and thats enough for them to be immensely successful.

Hes like them with half the arm and a much worse gm. 

Bridgewater isn't a franchise quarterback, and he was never going to be.

With that said, he's decent to good with a skill level I'd probably put about equal to Jake Delhomme though he's a very different style of quarterback from Jake.

Back during the Delhomme years, people hungered for a franchise quarterback forever but we were stuck with a coach who didn't believe in that model. Now we have a coach who seems to believe in the idea, but fans are scared we're going to play ourselves out of the opportunity to get one.

What it's like being a Panther fan...

1 hour ago, Carolina Cajun said:

Seriously, I know I'll get some hate, but Honestly, Bridgewater has been perfectly fine in our offense and occasionally has shown himself as someone we can build around.  Is he Cam?  Nope, but thats not who we are anymore and some people need to get that notion out of their head, we need to get this "Trevor or fields" stuff out of our mind and just let the season play out because IF teddy keeps it up, he very likely will be our "solution" for next year and possibly the foreseeable future.

BTW, for the "He SuCkS" crowd, right now he's on pace for 4600 yards passing...gee lemme see where that would put him on the panthers all time list...OH YEA, #1, better than any passing season cam ever had and better than Steve Beuerlein.  I'm not saying for sure he's our future, but he's been far from bad enough for us to have this much talk about a new qb next season.

LMAO Teddy will never win us a Superbowl. 

He lacks the arm.

The Panthers offense is used to stretch the field vertically so that the underneath at routes open up. Teddy Bridgewater would be able to make easier passes to the underneath crossing routes. This works between the 20s, but when the field shortens in the red zone the routes get shorter and this makes it harder to make the quick throws. The longer he has to hold the ball, then the more his accuracy may be compromised. 

I'm going to basically repeat what I stated in another thread. Teddy is a good QB. That being said, I want a dynamic QB. Not flashy, but dynamic. Looking at Trey Lance & then thinking about Teddy, I just can't be all-in. The weak throw at the end of the first game when the game was on the line, is not what I want to see out of a QB less than 36, much less 30 years old. That's indicative of limitations. And I know people want to give him brownie points for throwing midrange passes to Moore or Anderson (which is good), but they weren't deep passes, hitting a guy in stride, or a guy whose behind the defense. I question whether he can do it. I know Lance can do it. I also know Lance has impeccable ball placement, and Teddy though an improvement over Cam (except for the long ball of course), hasn't displayed as good of ball placement as I would like. Perhaps he's still a little rusty, but if we get the opportunity to get Lance, I'm all-in.

He is exactly who he always has been. He is a completely known commodity. Not a franchise QB but a solid option B. When we get a chance to try for option A it should be no surprise that we do it regardless of what Teddy does. At the end of the day, some rookie is going to look and project better than Teddy ever has. I'm not being mean, it's just a fact that he has a ceiling of being an option B. Teddy got us to enough field goals to win but couldn't do it on his own shoulder. This is historically accurate and some of yall need to stop acting like he is a rookie. 

When you are a team in rebuilding mode and a top 5 pick is a very realistic scenario, it's hard to pass up on a young talented QB prospect when your current QB has never thrown for more than 14 touchdowns in a season and is currently on pace for 11.  If we like Fields/Lance as a prospect then you have to take one. It's not every year you have the opportunity to lock in a really good QB prospect for 4-5 years @ around $7m a year.

2 hours ago, Carolina Cajun said:

Bridgewater has been perfectly fine

Teddy has done exactly what he's supposed to do and what we thought, but OP basically answered his own post with the first sentence. 

"He's perfectly fine".  Which is a great way to sell "average". 

As others said, he's Alex Smith.  Which is fine...but it's not what you hitch your wagon to if you have hopes of winning in the playoffs.  

Anyone advocating for Teddy to be our long-term QB is okay with being "just fine" and has no ambitions of competing for a Super Bowl.

Teddy is "just fine" if your goal is maybe going 9-7 and catching some breaks to get a wildcard spot and then getting skull drug in the first round of the playoffs. That's pretty much your ceiling with Teddy Bridgewater at QB.

Don't be mad. I'm just telling y'all the truth.

12 minutes ago, Double Trouble said:

When you are a team in rebuilding mode and a top 5 pick is a very realistic scenario, it's hard to pass up on a young talented QB prospect when your current QB has never thrown for more than 14 touchdowns in a season and is currently on pace for 11.  If we like Fields/Lance as a prospect then you have to take one. It's not every year you have the opportunity to lock in a really good QB prospect for 4-5 years @ around $7m a year.

Why on earth would anyone sign a guy who can only score 14 tds in a season?   

Archived