• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule Mic'd Up

jfra78

Im absolutely LOVING what I see from Coach Rhule, Brady and Snow.  All phases of the game are like night and day from when Rivera was here.  The players seem to have already bought into it.  The future is very bright for the Panthers.

5 hours ago, Pimpdaddy said:

He reminds me of Jimmy Johnson... and interesting enough is they both have psychology degrees... they know how to motivate.

Love me some Jimmy! I grew up a die hard Dallas fan (blame my parents, I didn't know any better), but they've been dead to me since they fired a winning coach because he'd rather go fishing than kiss Jones' ass. It all worked out, because i'd of had to drop them a couple of years latter anyway!

3 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

Love me some Jimmy! I grew up a die hard Dallas fan (blame my parents, I didn't know any better), but they've been dead to me since they fired a winning coach because he'd rather go fishing than kiss Jones' ass. It all worked out, because i'd of had to drop them a couple of years latter anyway!

Dallas fan with some sense, didn't know it existed

They are a gritty, tough bunch. It's all about the team, the team, the team. It's not about me. It's not about any one player. It's about them.-RHULE

Forget tanking for whomever, forget Cam(imagine if he was still here and had Covid-19 this season) was released, and don't worry about CMC because ladies and mostly ladies we have ourselves a DYNASTY IN THE MAKING!!!!

He's extremely likable. I don't want to make too much of that though because so was Rivera.

Not a whole lot of deep stuff on the video, but I do like the anticipatory adjustment of mentioning the Thompson that the Cardinals were likely to pick up the pace. Previous staffs haven't been good at adjustments in general, but anticipatory adjustments are part of the chess game.

12 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm encouraged with the direction the team is going under Rhule so far.   But it's a long season and teams are not going to overlook the Panthers going forward.  Let's see how they do as the film on them grows and they are really gameplanned for.  Right now I kinda think teams so far thought this team was an easy W but they are slowly finding out that these kids shouldn't be taken lightly.

Yea... no..

I don’t think any professional league team is walking in any games taking their opponents lightly. Especially since they would know that the Panthers put up a real fight the first 2 games and kept it competitive. Each of the first 2 games were the difference of one or 2 plays and it was going the other way. 

So no, there’s not a chance the cards were taking things lightly.

I think that the panthers were more dominant on the lines and won the individual matchups more than we lost them. We won square and your suggestion is pretty disrespectful if I’m gonna be honest about it.

you are right though, that as the season progresses our tendencies will become more recognizable and it will be up to the coaching staff to make adjustments and not stick to what worked in 2015 for all of 2016 when clearly the rest of the league had it figured out. Like some coaches did. 

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

He's extremely likable. I don't want to make too much of that though because so was Rivera.

Not a whole lot of deep stuff on the video, but I do like the anticipatory adjustment of mentioning the Thompson that the Cardinals were likely to pick up the pace. Previous staffs haven't been good at adjustments in general, but anticipatory adjustments are part of the chess game.

Rivera was try hard "Remember the Titans" esque likeable.  Matt Rhule is just himself and seems to just be wound very well.

I think we found a star coach IMO.  I'm not afraid to rush the judgement.  I have my inner circles and this guy seems like the real deal.

Looks like a guy who knows he doesn’t have the resume to demand respect. He relies on the team process, and genuinely behaves like he has to earn the respect of his player. i think players have a lot of respect for his effort to win them over.  They see a coach that wants their success and believes that his success is tied to their success.

Archived