• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Davis likely has this game circled on his schedule

Jeremy Igo

Mike Davis has already said he is pissed off on every play in the game. He runs angry. 

Well, this week he faces the Chicago Bears. 

On March 13, 2019, Davis signed a two-year, $6 million contract with the Chicago Bears. Davis was used sparingly and subsequently released on November 9th. The Carolina Panthers won him off waivers. Ron Rivera didn't recognize his talent, but apparently Rhule and company do. 

Now he is performing at an elite status and has a chance to stick it to Chicago for not believing in him. 

Look for Mike to put a little extra punch into his hard hitting run style this weekend. 

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Mike Davis has already said he is pissed off on every play in the game. He runs angry. 

On March 13, 2019, Davis signed a two-year, $6 million contract with the Chicago Bears. Davis was used sparingly and subsequently released on November 9th. The Carolina Panthers won him off waivers. Ron Rivera didn't recognize his talent, but apparently Rhule and company do. 

Now he is performing at an elite status and has a chance to stick it to Chicago for not believing in him. 

Look for Mike to put a little extra punch into his hard hitting run style this weekend. 

Good News for us. 

He runs like a bull already. I's sure he'll pick it up a notch or two.

47 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Ron Rivera didn't recognize his talent, but apparently Rhule and company do. 

Well Rivera was part of the squad that claimed him off waivers, no? I think we got him before Ron was fired, may be wrong. Either way, it's not like Rhule and company used him at all before McCaffrey got injured...

5 minutes ago, t96 said:

Well Rivera was part of the squad that claimed him off waivers, no? I think we got him before Ron was fired, may be wrong. Either way, it's not like Rhule and company used him at all before McCaffrey got injured...

Getting him off waivers is one thing. 

Getting him on the field is another. 

Rivera was god awful at the latter. 

2 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I agree, but did Rhule really prove to be better this year before #22 got hurt? Davis saw 3 snaps and no touches in the first game, and if I recall correctly only like 1 touch in game 2 before McCaffrey got hurt. Then he added a ton of catches in garbage time, but with McCaffrey healthy Davis did not have a role at all. Clearly he's proving he needs to be involved more even when McCaffrey comes back but it's yet to be seen how Rhule/Brady will use him or if they do. Because to start the season he was not involved at all, and McCaffrey was playing nearly 100% of the snaps just like he was under Rivera/Turner(s).

18 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

to be fair, its not like we had a rotation of JAGs at RB last season. We had the best RB in the NFL and he was producing. 

Also, I didnt see much of Davis this season until CMC got hurt. 

not saying we shouldnt have supplemented with more Davis to take a load of CMC, just saying it was pretty much the same story this season as last. Its very easy to keep CMC on the field when he is so talented and conditioned. 

11 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

Didn’t realize he was on the team last year. God damn Ron was a bone head. Same thing when we had Mike Anderson, never played the dude.

11 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

Didn’t realize he was on the team last year. God damn Ron was a bone head. Same thing when we had Mike Anderson, never played the dude.

Yes I agree. The current staff did the same thing before Christian’s injury. One could make the argument that if we split the RB load we may still have 22 healthy right now. 

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

He was on the team 3 weeks for Rivera and another 4 after Rivera was let go and didn't get a snap until game 17. Blame the Turners and credit Brady.

The only reason he's getting this much is injury. People were critical of his lack of snaps just the same before CMC went down.

Archived