• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All of you were right about Cam

AceBoogie

Just now, top dawg said:

Never thought I'd see Cam get benched for Stidham, but when you look at his passing yardage, his INT to TD ratio and his 39 and some change QBR rating today, it was bound to happen. 

How about instead of looking at the stats you actually watch the ball he throws. They’re ugly. He one hopped a 5 yard comeback today. 

The stats were ugly but when you actually watched it was way worse 

He hasn’t really done that good all season with the patriots. The first game he had that he supposedly did great he couldn’t get 200 yards passing. Yes he did have TDs. He has had many games where he hasn’t thrown for 200 yards.

i have always criticized how inconsistent Cam can be. Even in his MVP season he had a bunch of horrible games. The only reason why his season stats were great was because he had 5 games where he had 4-5 TDS. 2/3 of his  games were average or below average. he barely threw for 200 yards and had had a TD and a turnover or more.

you can blame Mike and Ron and everyone but I don’t think that’s fair. I think It’s on Cam. If Bill can’t do anything with him then he must suck. Many of Cams problems aren’t coaching problems but are his own. You can’t coach a player to not hold on to the ball for long periods of time. You can’t coach a player not to run and throw the b-ball away instead.

1 minute ago, CardiacCat said:

.... let me finish that sentence.....  we had a 15-1 season and made it to the Superbowl.....  

More a testament to Cam's brilliance and overcoming the coaching than how good the coaching was. If not for Cam's improvised runs, that would hVe been a 8-8 season.

1 minute ago, 4Corners said:

RBs are a group of nobodies. WR is Corp is garbage. No TE. Not a very good supporting cast. Sounds familiar. 

I disagree. They are Good, good offensive line. Solid RBs, good WR in Edelman. Sure they aren’t loaded with talent but they are above average. Tom Brady basically had the same team and did fine. Good QBs can do fine with an average team. Cam is doing horrible right now and you can’t blame that on the pats.

He sacrificed everything for this franchise and to think what could have been if he had a better coaching staff/GM sucks. It was the right call to move on from him and sadly I think he is done. 2015 was one hell of a ride. If not for the headhunting that the league let slide he may have continued MVP caliber play. I see many outraged at the Bostic  hit on Dalton today but how many damn times did we see Cam takes hit exactly like that and get no calls. 

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

How about instead of looking at the stats you actually watch the ball he throws. They’re ugly. He one hopped a 5 yard comeback today. 

The stats were ugly but when you actually watched it was way worse 

Stats were all I had today. I was beginning to settle in to watch Cam after our game, but life got in the way today. I'm in a hospital parking lot typing this. But, thanks for telling me. I'll await the talking heads' analysis and pontifications tomorrow with baited breath.

Archived