• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tony Pauline: Joe Brady will get interviewed for HC jobs this offseason

TheSpecialJuan

Based on what exactly?  I mean I understand taking a chance on a young up and comer but seriously? What has he done halfway through his rookie season calling plays that leads one to think some GM out there is saying we have to get this guy at all costs?

If he goes he goes.  This is Rhules show so let's see how it plays out.  

Sweet, I hope the next team that has him as their head coach likes questionable situational play calling and poor red zone efficiency. 

Brady is just too inexperienced to be a head coach. Anyone interviewing him is just measuring him up against who they actually hire.

We are 24th in scoring points per game. Why is he a hot candidate right now? We were 20th last year even though Will Grier started 2 games and couldn’t score at all, Cam started two games and was clearly hurt and Allen started 12 games.

How are we scoring less points per game than a hurt Cam and Kyle Allen last year? We were supposed to be an offensive juggernaut and we’re only scoring more than the Grier starts.

Sorry, but while I think Brady can get better, he shouldn’t be a HC candidate based on this year’s results.

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

We are 24th in scoring points per game. Why is he a hot candidate right now? We were 20th last year even though Will Grier started 2 games and couldn’t score at all, Cam started two games and was clearly hurt and Allen started 12 games.

How are we scoring less points per game than a hurt Cam and Kyle Allen last year? We were supposed to be an offensive juggernaut and we’re only scoring more than the Grier starts.

Sorry, but while I think Brady can get better, he shouldn’t be a HC candidate based on this year’s results.

I wonder if not having CMC factors into our bad red zone efficiency as well

Needs more experience. He is on and off. Sometimes his calls really make your scratch your head and other times he’s genius. He’s really young so no doubt in time he’ll become much better than he is. With one of the worst olines in franchise history it is hard to judge. 

A couple years ago, no doubt he'd have massive interest and would probably get hired. Everyone was so obsessed with finding the next Sean McVay. That seems to have tempered a bit with coaches like Zac Taylor not exactly setting the world on fire. Certainly nothing Brady has shown has demonstrated he would be a strong head coach hire. But people have made stupider decisions so I wouldn't put it past the realm of possibility. 

1 hour ago, Manna said:

I wonder if not having CMC factors into our bad red zone efficiency as well

Maybe although Mike Davis has filled in well. I mean you’d think that Teddy + Robby + Mike > No Teddy + No Robbie + CMC. My point is not that Brady sucks but that we certainly haven’t shown enough improvement (scoring less) over last year to make our first year OC look like a great HC prospect. If he gets hired as a head coach next year it’ll be a mess. He needs a lot more seasoning.

3 minutes ago, countryboi said:

I dont know how anyone can hire a guy as a head coach that only has one full season of coordinator experience, at least get some head coaching experience at the college ranks 

If we were too 5 in scoring sure, but we are 24th.

Archived