• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Talk to me about Trask

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Varking said:

He sat behind D'Eriq King while in High School. He currently plays for Miami but was heavily recruited to Houston out of HS. Due to being a dual threat QB, Trask never got to see the field much. He went to a few camps and there were Gator coaches who were impressed enough with him that they offered him a scholarship. The rest is history. 

Yeah, no shame in being King's backup.

10 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Once you get past Field and Lawrence, the QB game becomes "How many warts are you okay accepting?" 

Wilson seems to have the least warts of the bunch and then it gets dicey with most of the QB prospects from that point onward. Varying level of warts, some genital, some facial.

Nice wart metaphor. Sexually Transmitted Disease Dancing GIF by LIEBESLEBEN

1 hour ago, CamIsGreat said:

Joe Burrow has 12 TD 5 INT - 89.8 Rating in 9 games

Pedestrian, and has weapons aplenty, Green, Boyd, Higgins ..

Trask will be bad in NFL .. not many Top QB prospects ever end up that good .. we had a QB that actually lived up to being selected first overall and we ran him out of town.

At 17.4 points a game last year their offense was third worst in the NFL. Only .1 better than the Jets and Washington was the worst. They were the first pick in the draft because things were bad there. This year they are 11th worst at 22.7 points a game. We are one spot in front of them. They are also playing divisional games against Cleveland, Pitt and Baltimore who are pretty good on teams. On defense Pitt and Baltimore are number 3 and 1 in the NFL in scoring defense. They also played Indi who is #4. It hasn’t been an easy road for them and they are scoring way better than last year. 
Cincis line might be worse than ours. 

11 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He's lighting it up in college, but I need to watch more of his games. In the couple I've watched I've seen a really good college QB who doesn't have NFL traits.

Traits is key word here.  People get caught up in stats at the college level, where as scouts are looking for traits that will translate to the next level.

Its the very reason some of the Heisman winning QBs don't work out at the next level.

3 minutes ago, RumHam said:

system qb, GTFO

The system that Alex Smith and Dak Prescott ran? For the record, this comment makes little sense. The Mullen system is for mobile QBs to succeed in. That’s why he recruited Emory Jones. Kyle Trask is a square peg in this triangular hole of a system. 

Archived