• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are we really getting anything out of Derrick Brown?!?!?!

Jeremy Igo

13 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

From PFF...

Most QB pressures by rookies this season
1. Chase Young, Football Team- 18
2. Derrick Brown, Panthers- 17
3. Javon Kinlaw, 49ers- 15
3. D.J. Wonnum, Vikings

That doesn’t mean he is playing great, that means he is playing great for a rookie.  That’s too totally different things.

To have context list how many pressures other DTs in the league have. 

I personally think he is going to be fine, but he isn’t playing as well as some around here think.  He will over time but right now he is still learning. 

32 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

That doesn’t mean he is playing great, that means he is playing great for a rookie.  That’s too totally different things.

To have context list how many pressures other DTs in the league have. 

I personally think he is going to be fine, but he isn’t playing as well as some around here think.  He will over time but right now he is still learning. 

Post them. Show us all these stats you speak of. I’d be more than happy to see the context and discuss them. If we can’t compare him to a player taken before him, and the next DT taken, then post yours. 

Last year this team had 3 DTs that fit this “sacks criteria”. 16 sacks from McCoy, Poe, and Butler. How is it possible to have the worst run defense in 35 years(according to one analytics site)? And with a HOF LB. A very good CB. 

53 sacks and the 2nd worst Defense in the NFL. What’s the D ranked this year? Why the improvement? Whitehead? YGM? The other DTs? Or is it a DT that doesn’t get driven 5 yards back by a single blocker. Wonder what stood out on the 98 yd TD run vs TB? It wasn’t whitehead and Boston that caused that. Watch again

Archived