• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What's the cost to move up to take Lawrence?

DaveThePanther2008

2 hours ago, BrianS said:

This is from a couple weeks ago.  Our draft position has changed since then, but the values of the picks should be relatively the same.

image.png.914d04092a3d6a3a8d60941d09af7114.png

This chart is totally irrelevant for that #1 pick.  They would want 3 of these charts return.

1 hour ago, TikTOK said:

If I’m Tepper, I’m giving

2021 1st, 2nd, 3rd 

+
2022 1st, 2nd, 3rd

+
2023 1st

I adore Lawrence and want the Panthers to land him in the worst way. But I have to look at what just happened in Cincinnati. If we trade all that for Trevor and he gets hurt midway through his rookie season, we're in deep trouble.

3 hours ago, BrianS said:

This is from a couple weeks ago.  Our draft position has changed since then, but the values of the picks should be relatively the same.

Technically by this chart based on the 6th pick.  2021 and 2022 1st, a 2nd and 3rd. 

I wouldn't go any further than that.  You can't build a team without draft capital and we'll be smarter than that.

3 hours ago, BrianS said:

For normal trades, these charts are fairly accurate.  For QBs though there tends to be a premium.  For a prospect like Trevor, put a premium on the premium.

3 first and 3 seconds would be a good starting point, but I have my doubts Jets would take that.

If we have pick 6-8 and Cinci is #2, throw them the pick, next year's 1st and our 2021 3rd.  Maybe some late rounders, that's the plan for Fields in my book if we really want him (or Wilson as many seems are pining for that guy).  I don't think not having a 1st in 2022 would stunt anything if we land the QB we want. 

Just accept this draft starts at pick 2.  Lawrence is a Jet until we hear otherwise.

The only way I could see it happening is a pick and trade ALA Manning 2/Rivers.

If Fields drops to us, and the TL has/is still insisting that he won't play for the Jets, you would hope they would take him and trade him to us for Fields and a future 1 and 3 or so.  I think the Chargers got a little more than that from the Giants though, maybe a 5 as well?

That said, I don't think that I would be interested in this, but may not run from it either.  I think he will be one of the top graded QB's to ever come out of college.

Depends how many teams want him and how much they are also willing to give up. Very likely to not be worth it. I love Trevor and do think he's the best prospect in this class considerably. But there's still a great chance that one of the other QBs in this draft winds up being better than him. We're better off taking that chance and standing pat taking Fields/Lance/Wilson than trading everything for Trevor.

4 hours ago, BrianS said:

If we do wind up with 6th overall and Jacksonville isn't 100% sold on Fields and would be willing to trade down I would consider trading our 1st rounders this year and in 2022 along with a 2022 2nd rounder to move up to get Fields at #2. That's a fair trade based on this value chart, and is assuming no other teams would blow them away with a higher offer (which they very well could...). Fields is definitely a tier above Lance and Wilson in this class and I think that trade would be worth it. 

3 hours ago, TikTOK said:

If I’m Tepper, I’m giving

2021 1st, 2nd, 3rd 

+
2022 1st, 2nd, 3rd

+
2023 1st

Panthers have way too many holes to make a move like that. This QB class looks really stacked too. So stay put, take the best QB on the board when its your pick, use all those picks to build the rest of the roster. JMO

8 hours ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Sam Darnold sucks and Trevor's gonna be a jet. We have like a 5% of getting fields if the stars align. I really think Zach Wilsons gonna be the guy

I hope he is, frankly---they said, "He has not played anyone."  Then the Cougars BLOW OUT 19th ranked Boise State and he has over 300 yards, 3 TDs, no ints.  He throws darts, can run, and he--a QB--has a bit of a nasty streak.  Personally, I want him over Fields and Lance.

Archived