• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Zach Wilson becoming the consensus Huddle pick?

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, BrianS said:

This is exactly it.  Whomever our organization loves is the one we need to hope is there.  There are actually a few QB's who seem to be generally grading out as first round prospects this year.  That's good news for us.  We need a QB, we'll have a relatively high pick and therefore it seems like we won't have to mortgage the future.

Still possible to finish 7-9. And in this year of shitty teams we may not even pick top 15 with that. Hell even 6-10 could take use to around 15....even winning this Sunday could drop them at least 4 spots to #10.

Losing out is the only hope. Saints aren’t going to let that happen though just like last year. 

Another moral victory.

1 hour ago, Murph said:

Sewell to the Bengals is just about written in stone. 

I'm not as sure about this as some. I know it all makes sense on paper, but part of me really thinks there could be 3 QBs off the board with the first 3. 

I know they have Burrow but from what I've read there was damage in his knee that went beyond just the ligament tears. Several reports said there was more damage than originally thought.

So if I'm the Bengals, do you take a QB at 3 if they like Lance or Wilson? I think it has to be considered. If Burrow doesn't come back to pre injury form, you already have a QB to replace him. If he does, you have a young QB that's very tradable and could likely pick up a few picks, possibly a couple 1st or a 1st and a couple 2nds. It just makes sense. 

I'm not saying they will do it, but I see it as a possibility 

20 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Still possible to finish 7-9. And in this year of shitty teams we may not even pick top 15 with that. Hell even 6-10 could take use to around 15....even winning this Sunday could drop them at least 4 spots to #10.

Losing out is the only hope. Saints aren’t going to let that happen though just like last year. 

Another moral victory.

Nah - you gotta look at the other teams around us.  While I know it's theoretically possible we could finish 8-8 or 7-9, I think we can all agree it isn't going to happen.  Let's say we win one more, which "feels" about right for this season.  We finish 5-11.  If we win another, I'd guess we would win the WTF game.  Maybe we beat Denver?  I dunno, our COVID list is likely to kill our offense, and Denver is really good on defense.  Honestly, we could be done winning this year.

When you look at the other games on the schedule, you quickly realize that a TON of the teams in and around us in the draft order are playing each other.  Yes, that means some of them are going to lose, but it also means some of them can't help but win.  Dallas for example plays both the Bengals and the Eagles, in addition to the 49ers and Giants.  Dallas may be favored in three of those and they finish 6-10.  The Falcons play the Chargers and Broncos. 

We can go on with this for quite a while, but the point is that there are just SOOOOOOOOO many games coming up between all the "bad" teams that sheer statistics say that some of these teams are going to end up higher than us.

Lance is the best small school prospect as far as NFL day one player.

If I'm an NFL guy I've got to put my money on a bigger program guy because the NFL is the biggest program of all.

As the draft draws closer you will see guys from bigger programs pull ahead because of big time competition.

Zach Wilson is not my favorite prospect, but I am not an expert obviously. I just feel like we're never going to win the SB with Teddy as our QB. He's not that guy who can take a good team all the way. He's the guy who can be dragged to the SB with an elite team. I want an incredible QB, and that starts with the draft.

35 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Yes and anyone who talks poo about his CCU game where he went to a top 20's house on two days notice and came within a yard of winning despite his best receiver being Mitt Romney has a pro Teddy agenda

CCU also only had two days to prepare for an almost top 10 team to come into their house and play with a potential top 5 pick in QB to defend. And they won in thrilling fashion. And I’m not pro-Teddy in the slightest. 

52 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Yes and anyone who talks poo about his CCU game where he went to a top 20's house on two days notice and came within a yard of winning despite his best receiver being Mitt Romney has a pro Teddy agenda

Why do you keep going at BYU's white WRs like that?

Someone change my mind this kid isn't Clausen 2.0. I'll listen.

Archived