• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

oh dear god i just compared teddy bridgewater's stats with kyle allen's

PhillyB

1 hour ago, Pup McBarky said:

Again, you're using hindsight. You may have guessed right about TB, but it wasn't "guaranteed" we'd be mediocre with him. And btw, we're aren't. We're worse than that, which puts us in the running for a decent QB prospect. Just because you occasionally guess right doesn't make you smarter than Rhule & Co., it just makes you another Dunning Kruger fan.

Don't get me started on the ridiculous false dichotomy you claim about Cam.

It’s not hindsight. It was foresight.  If you thought Teddy was going to be better than mediocre you either never watched him play or had your rose colored glasses on.  We weren’t guessing about Teddy, we were using what we’d already seen and knew about him.  And like I said, luckily for us Teddy is even worse than we expected so we’re still in the running for a QB in the draft.  Try reading all of what I wrote before defending your exuberance over having “any QB but Cam” as our QB

36 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

The whole Cam Newton, Kyle Allen, Teddy Bridgewater debate is  comparing 3 quarterbacks in different systems with totally different dynamics.  

Cam would have been terrible in this scheme. He is not a west coast precision QB with accurate and quick passes. That is the system we run. That is why he is gone. Belichick is changing his scheme for Cam instead of forcing Cam to do what Brady did.  Our Joe Brady was not going to change the system for the quarterback. Instead  he found someone who could run it. And that person was Bridgewater. Allen couldn't have come in with no off-season to speak of and no preseason and taught everyone the system. So he wasn't the right fit.  Rhule brought in his guys as backups and Brady got his guy. It really wasn't ever a "who is better" discussion but who knew Brady's system and could run it right away. 

And Teddy could be the guy if he increased his arm strength and worked on his intermediate to deep ball.  He really isn't very stout for a QB and needs more zip on his ball. That might give him the confidence to throw it deeper without having them float like wounded ducks.

This whole misconception that Cam couldn’t run a WC offense has been perpetrated here since Shula first took over and most of us were clamoring for a different OC. Cam showed he can absolutely run a quick accurate pass scheme in the first half of 2018 with Norv. We were dinking and dunking all over the place and Cam was accurate af. Far more so than Teddy. 

So the people pulling for Teddy were racists.... and the people rooting against Teddy from the start are not racist?  Because they were only "pretending" to like Teddy so the people who didn't like Teddy wouldn't think they were racist? And this is all some elaborate scheme the racists came up with to fool everyone? 

Kinda wild tbh. 

4 minutes ago, Kuhndog94 said:

So the people pulling for Teddy were racists.... and the people rooting against Teddy from the start are not racist?  Because they were only "pretending" to like Teddy so the people who didn't like Teddy wouldn't think they were racist? And this is all some elaborate scheme the racists came up with to fool everyone? 

Kinda wild tbh. 

It’s completely retarded. This dude has a screw loose.

3 hours ago, Kuhndog94 said:

Kinda wild tbh. 

No. Re-read the post. There was a specific group, who played around the racism line and said just about every thing else other than the n-word about Cam and then turned around and wanted to give Kyle Allen 20M after seeing him play 2 games and then also claimed Teddy was the GOAT after signing him. It's pretty easy to read between the lines especially if you've frequent this board and read those posts from the beginning.

10 hours ago, PhillyB said:

precious little baby kyle:

12 games, 3322 yards @ 62% completion, 17 TD, 16 INT, 1 game-winning drive 

teddy shitwater:

12 games, 3102 yards @ 72% completion,  14 TD, 8 INT, 0 game-winning drives

by god will you look at that. all the dipshits cheering for baby goat do do do do do do in the gameday threads last fall yanked the ripcord on the great white hope as soon as he sucked ass and got really excited when a black quarterback with no personality showed up so they could pretend their hatred of cam had nothing to do with prejudice and that it's just they preferred rooting for likable quarterbacks with low, safe ceilings who'll always just get 'em next year.

and now it turns out they got a quarterback worse than kyle buttfucking allen. in the same number of games, with years more experience, teddy bridgewater has fewer touchdowns and fewer game winning drives than kyle buttassfucking allen. bridgewater's improved efficiency only means he's been marginally more careful in how he loses games.

all you whiny tittiesuckers from last year didn't learn a single goddamn thing and this is the second year in a row you've been caping for a Very Bad Quarterback until the very end when it's obvious he's irredeemably awful. a lot of us were evenly pointing out warning signs for both guys, both years, only to get run over by hype trains that both eventually got derailed and ended up as two of the worst offensive seasons in franchise history.

and i'm not even mad at any of you. cam is done and we all recognize he probably wouldn't have been much better this year, it's just a bitter pill that his detractors got what they wanted AND get a pass for full-throatedly backing his jaw-droppingly awful replacements. in fact i mostly am just mad at teddy bridgewater and i want @ecu88 and @Snake and that ickmule guy to admit their opinions clinically qualify them as medical vegetables and quit this place forthwith.

free mandela zach wilson '21

Dude...you need to readjust priorities. Go outside and live a little. Wow

2 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

No. Re-read the post. There was a specific group, who played around the line racism and said just about every thing else other than the n-word about Cam and then turned around and wanted to give Kyle Allen 20M after seeing him play 2 games and then also claimed Teddy was the GOAT after signing him. It's pretty easy to read between the lines especially if you've frequent this board and read those posts from the beginning.

People wanted to give Kyle 20m? yikes. I mean his post states this crowd stopped cheering for Kyle when he started sucking. Almost like this board did for Teddy. Almost seems like most people just want someone who can compete. I'll give Igo a break because he obviously has a reason to blindly oversell a player to us. 

As for Cam, I won't deny he had some haters with "ulterior motives." Especially the start Derek Anderson crowd. But I don't remember seeing that on this board. I seen it quite a bit on a facebook. That was a little red flag for whoever posted that ish.

11 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

No. Re-read the post. There was a specific group, who played around the line racism and said just about every thing else other than the n-word about Cam and then turned around and wanted to give Kyle Allen 20M after seeing him play 2 games and then also claimed Teddy was the GOAT after signing him. It's pretty easy to read between the lines especially if you've frequent this board and read those posts from the beginning.

Your thinking is flawed. We were right to move on from Cam.  Many people who saw the writing on the wall were labeled as racist wrongfully for understanding that Cam's best days were gone. Now, most agree.

I liked Kyle but it wasnt because of his race. Its because he came in and won 5 straight games. TB I also pulled for even though I was underwhelmed with the signing.

The reality is to many....race doesnt matter...we just want to win.  I find those who are trying to see a racist theme in all of this to be the ones with the problem.

To think, we cut a cheap Kyle Allen to pay this Teddy guy a hefty contract just to be worse. We did this thinking the team might actually be good enough to win games. It was the single biggest mistake that could have been made. Not only does it hurt potential cap space this offseason, it took us completely out of the Lawrence sweepstakes. Imagine having the extra cap space with several really good free agents at positions of need, and a potential superstar franchise QB going into year two of the rebuild. 

37 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

This whole misconception that Cam couldn’t run a WC offense has been perpetrated here since Shula first took over and most of us were clamoring for a different OC. Cam showed he can absolutely run a quick accurate pass scheme in the first half of 2018 with Norv. We were dinking and dunking all over the place and Cam was accurate af. Far more so than Teddy. 

It isn't a misconception it is fact. Norv was not running a WC offense in 2018. It did feature more check downs options using McCaffrey and tried to get Cam to take what the defense was giving him but Cam isn't a timing QB. He waits until a guy gets open and throws the ball, he doesn't throw the receiver open. He rarely threw a ball before the receiver broke and struggled horizonally more than vertically   His accuracy had always been an issue and he struggled to step up in the blitz instead of bail and run. No you obviously have a case of revisionist history where you remember what you want to remember not what happened. He was never good in any kind of pass heavy short to intermediate passing game. That doesn't mean he wasn't effective, just that it wasn't going to be in this system. Showing anectodal plays won't change what is obvious to even casual observers.

Archived