• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

oh dear god i just compared teddy bridgewater's stats with kyle allen's

PhillyB

Newbs dont realize what a great content creator Philly was, before the litterbox ruied the huddle. Even at one point had a recurring piece and I think even took over for SCP after he leftd, done one fine job filling the board with panther content.

GOD DAM I HATE THE LITTERBOX!!

12 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

i agree with this but i'd say he could get only marginally better. i mean what else does he need? he has one of the league's best arsenal of targets. the offensive line wasn't great but it sure as hell wasn't the difference between playoff teddy and 4-12 teddy.

imo he's basically reached his ceiling. there aren't remaining raw, undeveloped areas in his game that still have potential with a protracted run. he's shown absolutely nothing that hints at being a long term guy, a short term guy, or even frankly deserving of finishing the season. 

He has lost 8 games in a row. For me...thats an instant disqualification.  He should only start to protect draft position as we would win 2 of 3 with PJ.

20 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

He has lost 8 games in a row. For me...thats an instant disqualification.  He should only start to protect draft position as we would win 2 of 3 with PJ.

right like not on principle necessarily but because he actually has weapons and has almost every single game found himself in a position to get to prove he can win it. he's fired blanks every single time. if he can't win even one of nearly double digit chances to win games with an elite receiver group how high can you realistically expect him to go?

you don't just go from zero to one year to eight the next year. he's done.

22 minutes ago, TreadmillTrackstar said:

One concept im still trying to wrap my head around is who in the hell didn't like Cam because of his skin color? I do feel as if at one time if anyone had one single negative thing to say about Cam a certain crowd would come out with pitchforks/torches in tow claiming it must be for how he looked. .

look kid i get you're new here and all and possibly underage but you should've seen these boards when cam was drafted. while you were at recess circa 2011-2014 or so folks were in here ripping cam for anything they could come up with, things they gave passes to other quarterbacks for. the messaging didn't have to include the n word to be prejudiced, pure and simple.

i sincerely hope your generation gets to grow up in a world where a cam newton would receive a much different kind of reception to this fanbase.

I was waiting for gift pickups at the Lincoln Park CB2 yesterday and a guy saw my panthers hat on.  He goes: "I'm from Boone, watching the game tonight.  Big fan?" I go, "Yeah man, though been a tough year but I like that DJ Moore".  He goes "Never liked Scam though" .  I laughed it off, casually ended the conversation chatting about the holidays and that was it.  Sometimes you need the restraint in dealing with these people.  There wasn't any good in me trying to go all bonkers on the idiot.   

So there are these people but holy heck chill.   Seems like a lot of attention on a small group who won't change.  And nowadays, Cam is long gone so you're only perpetuating tension that finally died down because you're monitoring their response to current crap QB play.  They were brought up a certain way, it won't change.  Just seems like a lot of energy not needing to be invested; it's just kind of weird timing.

Honestly, Cam was great and almost got us a Lombardi, Kyle Allen sucks, Teddy sucks, and Cam Newton 2020 sucks.  Let's just look ahead at the next endless arguments we'll have with these types haha.

I'm not as football-savvy as some of you, but I honestly thought TB would be better. He was really good in Minnesota before he got hurt, and played well filling in for Drew Brees in NO. Kyle Allen never impressed me, he always looked shaky under pressure. When Teddy was signed, there weren't a lot of great or even good QBs available. And having watched Cam play today, it's clear he isn't what he used to be. Sometimes there isn't a perfect fit available at a given time.

2 minutes ago, Greatman77 said:

I'm not as football-savvy as some of you, but I honestly thought TB would be better. He was really good in Minnesota before he got hurt, and played well filling in for Drew Brees in NO. Kyle Allen never impressed me, he always looked shaky under pressure. When Teddy was signed, there weren't a lot of great or even good QBs available. And having watched Cam play today, it's clear he isn't what he used to be. Sometimes there isn't a perfect fit available at a given time.

Teddy wasn't good in Minnesota though and his film wasn't at all special in NO despite the stats and wins. He was the same player as he is today, which is why it was so surprising and, honestly, disappointing when this new staff brought him in. Barring some unprecedented turnaround Teddy's ceiling appears to be high-quality backup and hopefully the team has seen enough to make QB a priority.

1 hour ago, TreadmillTrackstar said:

We are either the same age or im a year or two older at most. Im new to posting but been reading this site for years since it came about. I see some of what you say yes but in my opinion you assume any and all criticism was just racist and there was no in between. I realize you are going to get all pissed after reading this sentence but sometimes I get the feeling that your persistent keyboard attacks of anyone who does not fully buy into your belief system on life as a whole ends up causing more poo than helping. Hell yes there are little bitches out there who would judge Cam by the fact that he was a black QB I don't deny that but to the degree that you claim everyone who had any criticism must have been racist is just to the extreme. Just my opinion though and it is nice to debate with you for once without hurling insults at you so maybe it is working progress. Probably not but im an optimist I guess.

there is no way you've graduated high school yet

9 minutes ago, My Goodness My Guinness said:

Good lord this is borderline tinderbox. Just calling out posters who dislike Cam and hyped up Kyle Allen and claiming that they are all racists shouldn’t be on the main board.

levar burton come save this man

4 hours ago, PhillyB said:

yeah i mean the circumstances are much different. it's like judging derek anderson coming in for relief vs your full time starter. you fuging love the guy for what he is but you'd never want him being THE guy.

that said there was an enormous host of people here who always hated cam and were waiting for him to fall who absolutely pounced on kyle allen and knighted him the second he completed a pass. it was unbelievably transparent and many of them have ventured now to teddy territory and insisted he's a great quarterback despite all evidence to the contrary. like ben carson being a republican, they're just giddy he's also black because they think it nullifies any criticisms that their preferences are framed by conscious or unconscious biases.

of course this isn't most of the board. most of the board fuging loved cam. it's some idiots like @ecu88, @Snake, and @ickmule who disappeared every time cam did well, disappeared when kyle allen did poorly, and have disappeared now that teddy is shitting the bed.

I loved Cam and still do...but just because I thought he was a good dude and the most electric qb the Panthers ever had.  I knew he was done as the 2018 season was playing out however.  I did voice it on here, and caught a lot of shyte for that.

I knew plenty of non Panther fans who hated him, but I think a lot of that was because Cam probably destroyed their teams on the field when he was at Auburn, though certainly there is some hillbilly from Franklin NC who is racist about it.

I knew I didn't like him when he was at Auburn because I'm a Gamecock fan and he kicked our ass in the SEC championship, but the moment I realized he was going to be a Panther I was freaking pumped.

I felt the same about Michael Jordan by the way...because I've always been a big Hornets fan and he use to torch us....but after he retired I'm all proud because we're from the same state and he's the goat.

Archived