• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So was Hurney the one that decided to cut Cam?

PhillyB

Dude, if this is true then the guy is 50/50.

Cam was done, is done and short of converting to a different position he's done with pro football. Marty did the hard thing and shot Ol' Yeller. It was the right thing to do.

Bridgewater, yeah, he has been underwhelming, particularly of late. Bad decision making from a QB who seems a bit desperate to win. Of course, if he wins, then we don't get the high draft pick folks are getting boners over. If he loses, then well, he sucks, right? He's a middle grade QB who could run the system here and hold down the fort until a better option is available. Price is middle of the road. Or we could have snagged Colt McCoy or Blaine Glabbert to really push that 0-16 thing, which would lead to questioning not just Hurney but Tepper, Rhule and company, plus probably made our excelling trio of receivers look like a bunch of scrubs. Yanno what? Maybe Hurney didn't screw this one up too bad either.

Hurney needed to go, but this whole thread has too much wish fulfillment, axes to grind and probably alcohol for it to hold much water. Hurney got fired because of a checkered history of hits and misses, as well as far to strong of ties to the old regimes and ownerships. We're moving on to better places and things here, his dismissal was always part of the itinerary.

Cam has had an awful lot of bad throws this year, but in his defense McDaniel's offense isn't allowing Cam to be..well Cam. 

It's obvious McDaniel's is scared to let Cam actually attempt to make some plays and has dialed the offense way back.  They also have no help around Cam either.

Not saying Cam is the player he used to be, but the talent and offense they are "running" in NE is not very good or one that allows Cam to be aggressive.

58 minutes ago, onmyown said:

I hope not because if Tepper, Rhule and Brady were high on Cam with the giant turd he is taking in NE, that’s worse judgment than TB

Now if what you mean by high on him as in sending him out on his last year as a lame duck to save cap space and dump him after the year to draft the franchise QB with an extra 40m they gave TB, that would have been nice

How many Patriots games have you watched this year? I’ve watched every snap. He’s still capable of being a good QB. He still has his faults but he has literally nothing around him on offense. Worst skill position group than some colleges and that’s not an exaggeration. 

Keeping Cam had nothing to do with him being washed or not. It was a win/win situation. If he’s washed we’re in a better position than we are now because we wouldn’t owe a QB any money. If he was good which I believe he would have done well in this offense then you have a QB for the next few years. 

The TB decision was just dumb. 

21 minutes ago, KSpan said:

I think Cam provides a boost that nets at least some of the wins that Teddy and the offense couldn't close, and also not requiring final-possession heroics in each case. I'd put absolute best case at 10-6 but the potential to surprise some folks in the playoffs if Cam got hot along with this defensive improvement.

With respect to the thread topic if it was indeed Marty as the primary behind the move to Teddy then that was a terrible decision. It was perhaps time to cut Cam and that can be argued but his plan for succession was poor.

Is that a preferable outcome to the season in your eyes, compared to where we are currently headed (most likely 4-12)?  An absolute best case of 10-6 but likely somewhere between 4-12 and 10-6?

You all act like Tepper is nonexistent in these decisions ....

....that he is unaware of what goes on downstairs 

come on man 

what has Tepoer ever done to make anyone think he isn’t the end decision maker, that nothing happens without his input?

I have often thought that somehow Rivera went to a 3 4 defense at Teppers urging.  I have no evidence of this but think about Ron. Does Ron strike you as someone who would try something that desperate on his own?

44 minutes ago, bobcat91 said:

His ... insisting of taking on defensive players

this is a really interesting way to phrase "refs, his coaches, and poor supporting cast allowing him to take seven years of mind-boggling flagrant hits now completely outlawed only a few years later"

The smart thing to do would've been to keep Cam one more year and use the money not spent on Teddy on the oline. Even if Cam still couldn't play good, we would be a step ahead of filling our needs and then get our QB later. I believe even bad Cam would've put us at or closer to 500 than Teddy Poowater, especially after spending that extra money on the line.

Archived