• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wilson character issues.

Rags

Sounds like Philip Rivers esque character concerns to me.  Loud, brash, know-it-all... who cares?  As long as he's super competitive that's all that matters.  It means he'll work hard and expect the same from everyone else around him.

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This

Wilson has character concerns, rich kid who is an entitled brat - uncle owns Jet Blue -, parents are a pain, not a leader, selfish, and he's a know-it-all.

does not jive with this

"His positives are that he's super competitive, not to get scared and won't back down, extremely confident, very smart with keen recall and teammates will play for him."

As you guys posted about Cam, all it takes is one scout/source to say something and it becomes some sort of truth. Didn’t seem like there was more than one person saying that from the link so I’d give it the same credence as the Cam crap. 

I may be in the minority here but my gut feeling about Wilson isn't good, it's the same feeling I got about Jimmy Clausen and Manziel. I hope the kid has a great career but I fully expect this staff to turn over every rock to make the best pick and if they see Wilson as the guy I'll give him a chance.

I don’t care where he comes from entitlement could come from confidence and someone with keen recall and smart with a lot of competitive attitude sign me up. I do know from his back story that ever since he started playing him and his dad would watch film to discuss what he did right and what he could do better. So this tells me we will be getting someone that’s film room rat. Most kids try to develop this once they are in the league he has been doing it his whole life playing football. 

Just now, Riverboat Ron said:

I may be in the minority here but my gut feeling about Wilson isn't good, it's the same feeling I got about Jimmy Clausen and Manziel. I hope the kid has a great career but I fully expect this staff to turn over every rock to make the best pick and if they see Wilson as the guy I'll give him a chance.

I know what you mean, I have that weird feeling about Wilson too.  Nothing I've seen or read makes me feel this way, it's just something that is telling me he's not the guy for this team.....

but what do I know??

Kinda weird to evaluate Manziel though.  Yea, he stunk, but was it more of a talent-issue or a lack of work-ethic issue?  

Personally, I think it's a lazy comparison.  Wilson is more accurate, better size (running ability translates better to the NFL), and overall I think he's got a better arm.  I think Zach Wilson compares far closer to Russ Wilson than he does Manziel (not that I think he'll be as good as Russ)

3 minutes ago, t96 said:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that he's a Mormon... I saw the Book of Mormon and are we sure we want that here in Carolina???

/s

For what it’s worth I moved to Utah from the Bible Belt Charlotte and can honestly say comparatively speaking there is seemingly much less religious, Bible thumping hostility and hatred here than there was in the south. Just an observation.

17 minutes ago, stbugs said:

The whole know it all/brat/selfish and the team will play for him seem to contradict each other. If his teammates like him then I don’t believe the other stuff is a red flag. There’s a difference between Johnny Manziel and Baker Mayfield. Heck, ask a hundred non Panther fans about Cam and you probably hear very similar comments. Cam was often called a baby and selfish.

Yep. Any team looking to spend a premium draft pick on him is going to look to overturn any stone on and off the field. If we draft him I have to assume we feel very good about him both as a player and a teammate.

2 minutes ago, onmyown said:

For what it’s worth I moved to Utah from the Bible Belt Charlotte and can honestly say comparatively speaking there is seemingly much less religious, Bible thumping hostility and hatred here than there was in the south. Just an observation.

Yeah but what happens when Zach has 4 wives? That's 4 times the chance to wind up with a Miko Grimes!

still /s

Archived